• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mad people.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad people.

DIY X ray machine.

An Amateur X-Ray System

I remember those Xray your feet machines in shoe shoppes.

The guy is completely bonkers - He'll be lucky to see 60 before dying of some agonizing cancer.

A home-made ultrasound kit would be just as interesting, and a lot safer.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I remember those Xray your feet machines in shoe shoppes.

Are you really that mature in years?

I had a physics teacher who was mature in years who said the same thing.

Lots of my science teachers where retired or near retirement age.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Are you really that mature in years?

I had a physics teacher who was mature in years who said the same thing.

Lots of my science teachers where retired or near retirement age.
        As were mine - I think it was a 'thing' at the time. I went to a local public school and all of our physics teachers had worked 'for the Government' or were in the army during the war or just after, involved in all sorts of interesting things. As teachers they were tulipe, but their stories were fascinating

My son's teachers are now younger than me......

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
          As were mine - I think it was a 'thing' at the time. I went to a local public school and all of our physics teachers had worked 'for the Government' or were in the army during the war or just after, involved in all sorts of interesting things. As teachers they were tulipe, but their stories were fascinating
          The physics ones dressed like Open University lecturers they weren't too bad at teaching, though the chemistry ones were much better and more "normal".

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
          My son's teachers are now younger than me......
          You mean young and gullible.

Some of my mates have been science teachers - they now work in other industries like IT, marketing and even on the tube. Apparently dealing with the general public and working shifts is easier than dealing with heads, governors, other teachers, parents and teenage kids.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Mmmmmmmmmm.

I still remember the chemistry teacher who took us swimming and seemed to enjoy wandering around the changing room displaying all to the world.

Our gay and lesbian teachers preferred to teach the social sciences and arts.

Plus being educated in the 80s and 90s meant that a lot of them happened to come out.

The only teachers who weren't out and whose partners hadn't been met by a pupil at the school were always later found out to be shagging another teacher - married or not. PTAs are evil.

Comment

Working...
            X