• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

moving on to a new contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving on to a new contract

I've recently found myself without work , the 1st time in nearly 30 years, and having been a contract support manager for the last 5 years. I am now applying for contract roles via a couple of job websites (not sure if I can use the names on here). Getting no responses at all.
    CV was rated highly. if I do get a response they all say lovely to chat to you, then hear nothing back. so far I've put in for 200+ roles via these websites, all of which I could do with my eyes shut.
    Any tips would be greatly recieved, before I start enjoying jeremy kyle!!!!

First of all, well done for having continuous work for the last 30 years, for this to now be your first time out of work is not doing that bad at all!

Unfortunately its one of those situations where it will happen when it happens, I find my mind can think it could go on ages, i suppose preparing for the worst but then one call and it can be all over in a matter of days.

I just make sure I check Jobserve and a few others several times a day, also keep my phone with me, and regularly check my email. Some will say update your LinkedIn account if you have one also.

My main bit of advice would be try not to spend all day looking, there is only so much job hunting you can do in one day, set aside some parts of the day to hunt then get on with other things and make the most of the time off before it ends especially with this weather! Spending too long looking and nothing happening can start to get you down which then makes things worse.

Comment

Working...
    X