• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commonwealth Games ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commonwealth Games ....

... whats that all about then ?
    Seems like an excuse to compete at stupid 'sports':
    • Solo synchronised swimming
      Synchronised with what ? Surely its just dancing in water ?
    • Table tennis
      Isn't that something you used to do on a Thursday night at the youth club to get you off the streets from mugging old grannies and dealing drugs ?

These aren't sports, they are hobbies. What next ? Competition Lager Drinking, Armchair Surfing, Speed W*nking ?

[QUOTE=Jakes Daddy What next ? Competition Lager Drinking, Armchair Surfing, Speed W*nking ?[/QUOTE]

Darts?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
      ... whats that all about then ?
      Seems like an excuse to compete at stupid 'sports':
      • Solo synchronised swimming
        Synchronised with what ? Surely its just dancing in water ?
      • Table tennis
        Isn't that something you used to do on a Thursday night at the youth club to get you off the streets from mugging old grannies and dealing drugs ?

These aren't sports, they are hobbies. What next ? Competition Lager Drinking, Armchair Surfing, Speed W*nking ?
      From your level of sporting knowledge, I'd wager you're overweight and have a beer belly.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        From your level of sporting knowledge, I'd wager you're overweight and have a beer belly.
        Indeed I am ! I was going to see if I could compete at the next games in the "Extreme Pie Eating" competition

JD in "its lunchtime" mode

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
          Indeed I am ! I was going to see if I could compete at the next games in the "Extreme Pie Eating" competition

JD in "its lunchtime" mode
          No chance of winning that. Threaded is the undisputed King of the Universe Pie Eating Champ.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

What amuses me is how brilliantly well we're doing - winning lots of medals and the like. Of course, competing against the likes of IoM, Jersey, and some tinpot principality no-one's ever heard of is going to give us a decent advantage. If Australia weren't part of the 'commonwealth' we'd be top of the league table!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
              What amuses me is how brilliantly well we're doing - winning lots of medals and the like. Of course, competing against the likes of IoM, Jersey, and some tinpot principality no-one's ever heard of is going to give us a decent advantage. If Australia weren't part of the 'commonwealth' we'd be top of the league table!
              You don't create an Empire like wot we dun by playing fair.

Comment

Before the game started the Aussie press were talking about having Australia split into its states and entered seperatly. In the last games New South Wales would have got more medals than anyone else on their own without the help of the other states.
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I don't see why people watch this stuff. Sure you if are taking part there is an adrenalin surge, but just watching in your armchair - where is the achievement in that.

I get my surges by looking over finely tuned C++ code. There is the thrill of the bug hunt, the joy of an optimisation and the contentment of a satisfied customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
                    I don't see why people watch this stuff. Sure you if are taking part there is an adrenalin surge, but just watching in your armchair - where is the achievement in that.

I get my surges by looking over finely tuned C++ code. There is the thrill of the bug hunt, the joy of an optimisation and the contentment of a satisfied customer.
                    You sound like my other half! Except he hates C++.

Comment

Working...
                    X