• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do?

Approached by an agent for a role, said i was interested, sent cv, that was last friday. Heard nothing more than "i'll let you know when i hear more"

I've just been approached by another agent for what seems to be the same role.

Send CV to 2nd agent? Or hassle 1st agent again?

As far as I see until the contract is presented its fair game but it could also lead to an "I found him 1st" situation.. hmmm
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Approached by an agent for a role, said i was interested, sent cv, that was last friday. Heard nothing more than "i'll let you know when i hear more"

As far as I see until the contract is presented its fair game but it could also lead to an "I found him 1st" situation.. hmmm
    Ring back first agent and ask for a categoric answer as to whether your CV has/is going to be put forward, because of Agent 2's interest. Agent 1 will likely follow up then as they don't want to lose the business.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Ring back first agent and ask for a categoric answer as to whether your CV has/is going to be put forward, because of Agent 2's interest. Agent 1 will likely follow up then as they don't want to lose the business.
      WHS.

You know this stuff Chef!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

WHS +1
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ja ja I know, I don't know why I asked really, it's been a while since

-the market had demand
          -i've been looking
          -a role needed someone with my skillset without a deluge of other applicants kicking down the agents door

It seems it's fill yer boots time again, ideal really as Im a lot more picky nowadays..

Comment

Or else Agent 1 will lie and say you've been put forward to keep you off Agent 2's books.

Comment

Ja ja I know, I don't know why I asked really, it's been a while since

-the market had demand
              -i've been looking
              -a role needed someone with my skillset without a deluge of other applicants kicking down the agents door

It seems it's fill yer boots time again, ideal really as Im a lot more picky nowadays..
              That's because you're almost married. Once that day comes mate, you'll think that being picky now was you being super flexible.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                That's because you're almost married. Once that day comes mate, you'll think that being picky now was you being super flexible.
                I wish I was as optimistic as you MF

Comment

What I sometimes do if I feel that I will be approached by multiple agencies is to state to the first agent that they will have exclusivity for a period of time (1 week max), and if you have no feedback, that I would consider other agencies if approached.

But it is an instinctive thing.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Or else Agent 1 will lie and say you've been put forward to keep you off Agent 2's books.
                    That is exactly what I was going to say.

I think the only option is to tell Agent 2 to submit you ONLY if they find out you have not been previously submitted.

That way you try to avoid hassle by just blindly submitting for a 2nd time.

Comment

Working...
                    X