• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Queen overtakes George III today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Queen overtakes George III today

Queen Elizebeth II Marks Another Milestone

On Thursday 12 May 2011, she becomes the second-longest serving monarch Britain has ever had.

On that day she overtakes the length of the reign of George III, a king remembered largely for the "madness" which overtook him in later years.

George III died in 1820 after a reign lasting 59 years and 96 days.
    Only another three years to beat the longest reigning monarch, Queen Victoria.

She still has a fair way to go before passing Pepi II Neferkare though.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Gawd bless 'er!
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Gawd bless 'er!
      More reign forcast then
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

When I saw the thread title I thought "Has she gone REALLY bonkers then?"
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
        X