• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Surgery admin charge Grrrr!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS Surgery admin charge Grrrr!!!!

My daughter went down with tonsilitis the other day, on the day before her GCSE dance exam. We went to the out of hours surgery in our area and was prescribed an antibiotic and some painkillers, obviously she wasn't in the best of shape for her exam and her teacher told her to get the doctor to send an email explaining that she had tonsilitis so that this could be taken into consideration.

It took 2 days for the computerized records of the hospital visit to arrive at the surgery and then I was emailed telling me that there was a £10 charge for emailing the school.

WTF is that all about, I pay £1000s in tax and it still doesn't cover a quick email to daughters school explaining she has been diagnosed with tonsilitis.

I asked her if she would have charged my daughter if she had asked directly. She replied that the normal charge was £20!!!!

madmad
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

The service you requested isn't covered by the NHS.

Why do GPs sometimes charge fees? Your questions answered - The British Medical Association

OTOH, if your daughter had required life-saving emergency treatment, costing tens of thousands of pounds, that would have been covered. Perhaps a sense of proportion would in order?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X