• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Index linked saving certificates are back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index linked saving certificates are back

NS&I - Index linked savings certificates

By popular demand, Merv the Swerve must think inflation is going to fall.

Fill yer boots!

My FiL is 84 and I have power of attorney. Is this something I should be considering as an investment for him? I'm meeting his financial advisor this weekend.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      My FiL is 84 and I have power of attorney. Is this something I should be considering as an investment for him? I'm meeting his financial advisor this weekend.
      RPI + 0.5, easy access to money, all tax free. I'd say it's worth a look.

Comment

I was listing to 5Live this morning and they were making a real hash of selling this, basically you only get the DIFFERENCE in inflation rather the actual Inflation, so its more like 2.5% AER than the 5% being bandied around.

Although its safe investment, guaranteed return and with a high threshold than a Cash ISA
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          RPI + 0.5, easy access to money, all tax free. I'd say it's worth a look.
          Cheers. Most of his cash is tied up in bonds, one of them has matured and we need to reinvest the cash. Any other (serious) suggestions for safe-ish investments that I can bring up with the IFA?
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I was listing to 5Live this morning and they were making a real hash of selling this, basically you only get the DIFFERENCE in inflation rather the actual Inflation, so its more like 2.5% AER than the 5% being bandied around.

Although its safe investment, guaranteed return and with a high threshold than a Cash ISA
            They pulling that stunt again.

Last time they did they, saying you get RPI + x, when infact you get the change in RPI over the year + x.

Advertising Standards should be all over them like a rash.

Comment

That's really shady tactics - that's not how it comes across at all. So if RPI goes down over the year you basically get nothing?

Comment

That's really shady tactics - that's not how it comes across at all. So if RPI goes down over the year you basically get nothing?
                I think you are guaranteed the 0.5%
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And you believe the RPI figures?

Comment

Cheers. Most of his cash is tied up in bonds, one of them has matured and we need to reinvest the cash. Any other (serious) suggestions for safe-ish investments that I can bring up with the IFA?
                    sheesh man, I dont mean to be heartless, but think of the will. I did my mums estate last year and it was a bloody nightmare. If I had used a solicitor it would have cost us 15 - 18 k.
                    bear that in mind, profit and loss type of thing

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X