• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a 1st Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a 1st Contract

Hello people,

I was wandering if anyone knew of any vacant contracts within the feild of Crytsal Report writing.

THanks in Advance.

Originally posted by iib900316a
    Hello people,

I was wandering if anyone knew of any vacant contracts within the feild of Crytsal Report writing.

THanks in Advance.
    I found 775 in 5 seconds flat, here:

http://www.it.jobserve.co.uk/searchr...cid=0&x=26&y=6

Now why can't you do that...?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
      I found 775 in 5 seconds flat, here:

http://www.it.jobserve.co.uk/searchr...cid=0&x=26&y=6

Now why can't you do that...?
      I only found 499, what did I do wrong?

tim

Comment

Seeking, grasshopper, is the first step to enlightenment.

Perhaps there's been a sudden surge in demand...?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
          I only found 499, what did I do wrong?

tim
          You obviously didn't click the 'I am malvolio' check box

Comment

That jobserve search includes any ads that just have "reports" in the description.

I reckon there's about 50.

You're doomed.

Unless you look outside Jobserve.

Oh no, that's what you asked for in the first place isn't it?

Comment

OK, so who changed the default boolean connector on Jobserve? It used to be AND and now it seems to be OR. Seach for Contract, 7 days, and "Crystal AND Reports" and you get 98 matches. Knock out the AND and you get 1058...

Still a crap product though - much prefer a DBA that writes what I want in five seconds flat into a CSV and use Excel to do the pretty presentation stuff.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

or use reporting services - much better solution
                "Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is."
                - PJ O'Rourke

Comment

OK, so who changed the default boolean connector on Jobserve? It used to be AND and now it seems to be OR. Seach for Contract, 7 days, and "Crystal AND Reports" and you get 98 matches. Knock out the AND and you get 1058...

Still a crap product though - much prefer a DBA that writes what I want in five seconds flat into a CSV and use Excel to do the pretty presentation stuff.

Erm jobswerve did, due to competition - they display anything you typed in, in the vain hope you might work in London for 30 quid a day with 200 years experience.

HINT: The people who search jobswerve are not neccessarily from western europe......
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I'm a SQL Server DBA - I used to use XMLsupport in IIS to produce reports and then educate people how to grab that data useg excel. Saved me time, only had to set up the report once then they could refresh the data as many times as they liked.

I still can't get my first f****** contract though
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X