• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wish I hadn't plugged that BBC B+128 computer in.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I hadn't plugged that BBC B+128 computer in.

Coz those capacitors in the power supply don't half make a pong when they let the magic smoke out.

<phew>

Fixable though I hope.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

128? doesn't that make it a Master?
      Sold my BBC B on ebay for 99p.......thought I'd get a tad more
      Anyone want to buy 150 tap games in original boxes?
      Got some A310 games too.

Comment

I think I gave my BBC B to my brother in law for nothing about 20 years ago. I might raise an invoice.

Comment

My Model B is sitting in a heap of things behind my armchair.

I reckon there's a good chance it'd still work if I plugged it in. If I do plug it in, and strange smells exude from it absent of the "beeeep-BEEP!" that indicates a successful boot, I'll go and hang around the entrance to Zeity's place of work until I can persuade him to fix it

("I know where you..." etc. - once I found the buddleia on StreetView, I knew )

Comment

Working...
          X