• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

who is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is this?

Can you guess who this is!!

Imagine working for a company that has little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics?

29 have been accused of spouse abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

19 have been accused of writing bad cheques

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

84 have been arrested for drunk driving last year

Can you guess which organisation this is?

Scroll down

It's the 535 members of the Houses of Parliament. The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Yawn

This is the same email which has being doing the rounds when it was originally the US Congress.

It is was also absolute bunk when published then.

It is also meaningless because it provides no date. So could refer to anyone from a number of years.

see http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/congress.htm where you can see the original version of the email!

Yawn again

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
      Yawn

This is the same email which has being doing the rounds when it was originally the US Congress.

It is was also absolute bunk when published then.

Yawn again
      It's transparent bunk because it even says 535 people: that's the number of US members of congress, not the number of UK MPs.

Enough of this American rubbish! Let us make our own.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        It's transparent bunk because it even says 535 people: that's the number of US members of congress, not the number of UK MPs.

Enough of this American rubbish! Let us make our own.
        OK your starter for 10

Which organisation has as it's largest block a group led by a pathalogical liar

Comment

Sheesh, make it difficult, why don't you

Originally posted by zathras
          OK your starter for 10

Which organisation has as it's largest block a group led by a pathalogical liar

New Labour
          The conservative party
          The Liberal Democrats
          The TUC
          The BNP (Note that I put the BNP after the TUC simply because I think that the TUC are far more dangerous to the 'hard-working families' in the country)
          The BBC
          The Democrat Party
          The Republican party
          The UN

oh, come on Zathras, you'll have to give us more of a clue.
          Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
            Why would being a defendent in a lawsuit make someone a bad person?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Why would being a defendent in a lawsuit make someone a bad person?
              Look, buddy, this is not about rationality.....

Comment

It is entirely irrelevant whether or not these are facts or whether somebody made it all up. On any level that really matters it is all true.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There are 646 MPs. 535 relates to the members of the US Congress (as I think Expat has already pointed out).

Still, nice try.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Oh for chrisake, not another "sensible" opinion based on "fact". I always thought you had more sense Mordac! Looook! They are politicians!!! They are therefore guilty of absolutely everything they are accused of by definition!!! They are corrupt self-seeking self serving bastards!!!! There is absolutely nothing in the entire universe that is not their fault! Dodgy deserves post of the month for this one as it is patently true, or at least partially true, the truth is clearly much worse.

PS This is BUDGET week. I want everyone to think thoughts of HATE directed at Gordon-Fat-Ugly-Rumoured-To-Be-(Alledgedly)-Bent-Scottish-Lying-Bastard-Brownstuff. I want him to shrivel up at the dispatch box with the great waves of HATE flowing from the ether!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X