• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

These Superinjunctions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These Superinjunctions

Most boring non story of the year so far.

I really couldn't give a flying ****. I just don't care.

Ditto this News of the World phone tapping scandal. Just don't care & I wish it would go away because it's boring me.

Originally posted by jacquiw View Post

Ditto this News of the World phone tapping scandal. Just don't care & I wish it would go away because it's boring me.
    Anything that can be classed as "celebrity" news makes me feel the same way.

Comment

Jacquiw. You seem familiar.

Are you someone I've f ucked?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Doubt it MF. I'm fairly sure she's a woman
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Not that kind a gal mate.

Unless you were at Oscar's Night Club Longleat New Year's Eve 1988.

Only one night stand I ever had.

Comment

Not that kind a gal mate.

Unless you were at Oscar's Night Club Longleat New Year's Eve 1988.

Only one night stand I ever had.
            I remember it well, I was only 16.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              I remember it well, I was only 16.
              Well you broke the law then because the only reason I gave you a legover was to get a lift home.

Comment

The story here isn't who stuck what in whom, it's the injunctions themselves. I couldn't give a tulip about celebrity twaddle, but I do care that the British legal system is being (ab)used by the rich and powerful to suppress reporting even of the existence of certain stories, especially when they can be corroborated with hard evidence. I agree that the press can be overly intrusive and half the stuff in the papers is made up anyway, but I don't think this is the way to handle it. As a society we should be encouraging higher journalistic standards, not lower standards in public life.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  As a society we should be encouraging higher journalistic standards, not lower standards in public life.
                  I agree, however there is the point that even if someone is a public figure they should be entitled to live their life in private except when on public business.
                  The paparazzi journalism which feeds the celebrity obsession and outright nosy behaviour of the public has made it all but impossible for these people to have a private existence. Obviously for those "celebrities" that have invited the cameras into their homes and private lives that consideration is firmly dead.

Comment

Working...
                  X