• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The FA Cup Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FA Cup Final

I'm feeling a little nostalgic about this year's contest since, as a boy, I inherited a sports holdal from my cousin which had "Stoke City League Cup Winners 1974" emblazoned all across it.

Not that I was much cop at football mind you. Our school pitch was right next to the railway line so I often shirked my defensive duties for want of getting the number of of a class 52 "Western" that may have been thundering past as a particularly well directed corner was whipped into our 6 yard box.

This did not always make me particularly popular with the other boys.

Be that as may, not only am I going to watch tomorrow's FA Cup Final but I'm going to make a special point of watching all the build too.

I'll be switching on the TV as soon as Grandstand starts.

I'm particularly looking forward to Meet the Teams and the FA Cup It's a Knockout Special (I wonder if Arthur Ellis still does the Marathon Round?). Then we'll see the teams arrive in their coaches and walk out to inspect the pitch at which point we'll get to see for the first time what suits the teams are wearing.

Then, as the action is about to begin we'll see the Princess Royal being introduced to the teams and enjoy a spine tingling rendition of Abide with Me accompanied by the band of the Coldstream Guards.

I can't wait! Tomorrow our house will most definitely be reverberating to hearty cries of "come on you Porters"

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I can't wait! Tomorrow our house will most definitely be reverberating to hearty cries of "come on you Porters"
    Potters

Comment

I'm feeling a little nostalgic about this year's contest since, as a boy, I inherited a sports holdal from my cousin which had "Stoke City League Cup Winners 1974" emblazoned all across it.

Not that I was much cop at football mind you. Our school pitch was right next to the railway line so I often shirked my defensive duties for want of getting the number of of a class 52 "Western" that may have been thundering past as a particularly well directed corner was whipped into our 6 yard box.

This did not always make me particularly popular with the other boys.

Be that as may, not only am I going to watch tomorrow's FA Cup Final but I'm going to make a special point of watching all the build too.

I'm particularly looking forward to Meet the Teams and the FA Cup It's a Knockout Special (I wonder if Arthur Ellis still does the Marathon Round?). Then we'll see the teams arrive in their coaches and walk out to inspect the pitch at which point we'll get to see for the first time what suits the teams are wearing.

Then, as the action is about to begin we'll see the Princess Royal being introduced to the teams and enjoy a spine tingling rendition of Abide with Me accompanied by the band of the Coldstream Guards.

It will make the decade worthwhile!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Threaded! Your time machine is playing up again

Comment

Not forgetting the aerial shots from the Goodyear Airship.

Really show off the stripes on the Wembley turd.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            Not forgetting the aerial shots from the Goodyear Airship.

Really show off the stripes on the Wembley turd.
            Intentional or adjacent key syndrome?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Being a soccer 'afficianado' I spotted straight away that your holdall has a printing error. Stoke City, managed by Tony Waddington, actually won the League Cup in 1972, not 1974.

However, like a misprinted stamp, your holdall might be worth quite a bit of money to a collector.

Comment

Potters for the Cup. Keep the romance alive.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  Potters for the Cup. Keep the romance alive.
                  Don't forget the saucer.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

FA Cup Final? Are they still doing that?

Oh well, thank God it's over and done with for another year. Maybe they'll have managed to get rid of it next time round

Comment

Working...
                    X