• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wilmslow: You are not alone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilmslow: You are not alone

Woman 'falsely called man a paedophile'
    A woman from west London who falsely branded a neighbour a paedophile in an "unseemly outburst" must pay £1,500 in compensation for slander.

Patricia O'Connor of Hillingdon turned on retired landscape gardener Michael Clynes in a row lasting a few seconds in October 2009, the High Court heard.

They fell out over a CCTV camera which Mr Clynes positioned outside his home.

Mr Clynes spent his life savings on defending himself as he was so incensed by the outburst, the court was told.

He was accused by Mrs O'Connor of installing the recording system so he could watch children playing.

She "hurled at him, groundlessly, what seem to have been the most insulting epithets that came into her head - 'wife-beater', 'drug dealer' and either 'paedophile' or 'perv'," said Mr Justice Eady.

Sounds like you ought to consult a lawyer about those pesky neighbours of yours - as you have to put up with them, you might as well make a few bob at the same time

I think mr justice eady and the landscape gardener are in it together,

I would never trust my kids with a landscape gardener, except Charlie Dimmock, obviously

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      falsely branded a neighbour a paedophile
      Branded as in "burned it into his skin", or branded as in "held a series of brainstorming meetings with graphic designers, and came up with a new mission statement, logo and advertising campaign for him"?
      Either way, definitely beyond the call of duty.

Comment

I missed this episode - maybe it was before my time. Was Wilmslow accused of being a paedophile? Sounds a bit OTT.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I missed this episode - maybe it was before my time. Was Wilmslow accused of being a paedophile? Sounds a bit OTT.
          You should see the way he looks at those kids...*

*joke, not libel.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I would never trust my kids with a landscape gardener
            Bit of a toss-up if the alternative was a judge though.
            Hobson's choice some might say.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Wilmslow is not real.

Comment

Working...
              X