PDA

View Full Version : Extra Time Booked On Timesheet When Not Worked - Would You Correct

DeludedAussie
14th May 2011, 19:00
I filled in my timesheet and indicated that I was working last saturday

My manager signed it but I did not work

I doubt he will notice and as it is a big company I dont think they will make a fuss

Should I come clean and hold my hand up or keep quiet and invoice

Sands of Time
14th May 2011, 19:19
Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.

Authentic consulting, the only way to go!

Bing!

cojak
14th May 2011, 19:21
If you are honest and care about your reputation, own up.

If you are a fraudster and a chancer, don't.

(I suspect I already know which way you swing by the fact you posted the question in the 1st place)

scooterscot
14th May 2011, 19:50
The city of London din't get where it is today without lies, spin spivs and speculators. In the UK honest Joe comes last - guaranteed.

Now grow some balls and charge for Sunday too.

DeludedAussie
14th May 2011, 20:10
The city of London din't get where it is today without lies, spin spivs and speculators. In the UK honest Joe comes last - guaranteed.

Now grow some balls and charge for Sunday too.

its not London actually - More like Cheshire :)

But good thinking

shaunbhoy
14th May 2011, 21:02
I filled in my timesheet and indicated that I was working last saturday

And you did that why?

downsouth
14th May 2011, 21:20
just own up, never worth losing a contract for a few hours pay in the scheme of things

NotAllThere
15th May 2011, 05:35
Dishonesty can become a habit and come back to bite your on the arse later. .

alreadypacked
15th May 2011, 07:30
Dishonesty can become a habit and come back to bite your on the arse later. .

"Someone deleted the batch file on Saturday, who was here?"

MarillionFan
15th May 2011, 07:50
And you did that why?

I did that for six weeks in a contract earlier on in the year. Had an electronic one and had filled it in , Tue - Sat by accident, then each week copied it over and changed the date. I got paid for five days regardless as the PM signed each one off, and then when we having lunch he just said 'Why don't you work Mon - Friday like the rest of us and stop coming in on at the weekend ;-) "

:emb

EternalOptimist
15th May 2011, 08:11
If you are ever unsure what to do, ever in doubt about the rights or wrongs, just imagine that your dad was looking over your shoulder

what would your dad say deludedaussie ?

:rolleyes:

MarillionFan
15th May 2011, 08:30
If you are ever unsure what to do, ever in doubt about the rights or wrongs, just imagine that your dad was looking over your shoulder

what would your dad say deludedaussie ?

:rolleyes:

"Steel the sheep son and don't get caught like I did, it takes a long time to get to Australia":laugh

shaunbhoy
15th May 2011, 09:20
I did that for six weeks in a contract earlier on in the year. Had an electronic one and had filled it in , Tue - Sat by accident, then each week copied it over and changed the date. I got paid for five days regardless as the PM signed each one off, and then when we having lunch he just said 'Why don't you work Mon - Friday like the rest of us and stop coming in on at the weekend ;-) "

:emb

Well bearing in mind where you sit on the bipolar spectrum, such behaviour would not be out of character MF.

:tongue

xoggoth
15th May 2011, 14:19
Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.

Quite right, they are less likely to notice when you fiddle them next time.

norrahe
15th May 2011, 14:58
Own up to the mistake and pay it back.

BoredBloke
16th May 2011, 08:17
Own up and offer to work a day for nothing. As others have said, it's not worth getting the can for a days pay. Mistakes happen - You won't be the first or last, but it looks a lot better if you tell them rather than them think you are nicking a days pay.

BlasterBates
16th May 2011, 09:28
Own up and pay back, you never know your manager might check or have to answer a query, and then you might be for the high jump.

Normie
16th May 2011, 10:26
Project managers, team leaders, etc are very easily confused, and hence duped. Just tell him that you booked last Saturday by mistake, so need to take this Friday off as paid leave to compensate. ;)

realityhack
16th May 2011, 11:49
If you're happy with committing a criminal offence, go right ahead.

If you'd like to have an extension on the contract - I'd do as others have suggested and offer to work a day without pay or cough up. It's not likely a client would have you charged with a very easily proven fraud, but they'd certainly strike you off the books.

TykeMerc
16th May 2011, 15:03
If you're happy with committing a criminal offence, go right ahead.

If you'd like to have an extension on the contract - I'd do as others have suggested and offer to work a day without pay or cough up. It's not likely a client would have you charged with a very easily proven fraud, but they'd certainly strike you off the books.

Indeed, as a PM I'd certainly notice the booking and without a convincing and clear explanation at the least come renewal time you would be gone, but if you were less than ideal already it would be the perfect excuse to get rid instantly.

landl
16th May 2011, 15:57
All depends. If the value you place on your reputation is equivalent to a day's pay, go for it.

DeludedAussie
22nd May 2011, 10:39
Quite right, they are less likely to notice when you fiddle them next time.

I took this sound advice and kept my mouth shut - This week I ve put down both Saturday and Sunday (And its been signed by a Welsh line manager):laugh:laugh

shaunbhoy
22nd May 2011, 11:31
I took this sound advice and kept my mouth shut - This week I ve put down both Saturday and Sunday (And its been signed by a Welsh line manager):laugh:laugh

Mock if you will, but I'd trust a Welsh Line Manager further than I'd trust an Aussie. We didn't ship your sort to the other side of the planet for nothing you know!

:wink