• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extra Time Booked On Timesheet When Not Worked - Would You Correct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Time Booked On Timesheet When Not Worked - Would You Correct

I filled in my timesheet and indicated that I was working last saturday

My manager signed it but I did not work

I doubt he will notice and as it is a big company I dont think they will make a fuss

Should I come clean and hold my hand up or keep quiet and invoice

Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.

Authentic consulting, the only way to go!

Bing!

Comment

If you are honest and care about your reputation, own up.

If you are a fraudster and a chancer, don't.

(I suspect I already know which way you swing by the fact you posted the question in the 1st place)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The city of London din't get where it is today without lies, spin spivs and speculators. In the UK honest Joe comes last - guaranteed.

Now grow some balls and charge for Sunday too.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          The city of London din't get where it is today without lies, spin spivs and speculators. In the UK honest Joe comes last - guaranteed.

Now grow some balls and charge for Sunday too.
          its not London actually - More like Cheshire

But good thinking

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
            I filled in my timesheet and indicated that I was working last saturday
            And you did that why?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

just own up, never worth losing a contract for a few hours pay in the scheme of things

Comment

Dishonesty can become a habit and come back to bite your on the arse later. .
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Dishonesty can become a habit and come back to bite your on the arse later. .
                  "Someone deleted the batch file on Saturday, who was here?"
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    And you did that why?
                    I did that for six weeks in a contract earlier on in the year. Had an electronic one and had filled it in , Tue - Sat by accident, then each week copied it over and changed the date. I got paid for five days regardless as the PM signed each one off, and then when we having lunch he just said 'Why don't you work Mon - Friday like the rest of us and stop coming in on at the weekend ;-) "

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X