• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany needs two million skilled immigrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany needs two million skilled immigrants

Job centre: Germany needs two million skilled immigrants - The Local

Frank-Jürgen Weise, head of the Federal Labour Agency (BA), said in an interview published Saturday that Germany needs two million qualified foreigners over the next few years to avoid a labour shortage.
    Meanwhile in Britain we're making people redundant. I could work for the daily mail i could.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Job centre: Germany needs two million skilled immigrants - The Local

Meanwhile in Britain we're making people redundant. I could work for the daily mail i could.
    Do you think they can find them in amongst the 900 million people that belong to the EU?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

As it turns out the UK could do with losing a few million immigrants. It might do for the UK economy what a loosened cork might do for a champagne bottle. Sudden room to breath, prospects for the jobless, welfare claimants down, wages not going down, less greenhouse emissions...

Comment

... roads a bit clearer, less water shortages...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Do you think they can find them in amongst the 900 million people that belong to the EU?
          I said skilled din't I?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            As it turns out the UK could do with losing a few million immigrants. It might do for the UK economy what a loosened cork might do for a champagne bottle. Sudden room to breath, prospects for the jobless, welfare claimants down, wages not going down, less greenhouse emissions...
            Yeah but none of them are skilled in what is necessary.

Comment

Yeah but none of them are cheap which will be necessary if Germany is to remain competitive.
              FTFY
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yeah but none of them are skilled in what is necessary.
                And don't forget the benefits they'd lose if they moved. better they stay put, have us pay the mortgage and the holidays and wait until "the government finds them a job" innit?
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I said skilled din't I?
                  If they need people skilled in engineering, production or design then they're not going to get many from the UK.
                  On the other hand if they're after folks who know how to exploit a benefits system and watch daytime chav TV then they're sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    If they need people skilled in engineering, production or design then they're not going to get many from the UK.
                    On the other hand if they're after folks who know how to exploit a benefits system and watch daytime chav TV then they're sorted.
                    And if they wanted folks who are good at watching paint dry then they could always recruit at CUK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X