• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nights out in Germany -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nights out in Germany -

Going Out in Germany: May 6 - 8 - The Local

meanwhile night outs in newcastle

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

My mum gave me the address of her brother in Lubeck, so I checked it out on Google Maps. Wow, what a monster house with a monster garden containing monster structures in what looks like a nice area. To buy that in England, if possible at all, would cost £millions I guess. No wonder Germans look happy. They aren't squashed into bedsits like here.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      They aren't squashed into bedsits like here.
      Aye. Our apartment centre of Munich is 130 sq, I could never afford that space in central London.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Aye. Our apartment centre of Munich is 130 sq, I could never afford that space in central London.
        Which is the most expensive city for property/accommodation in Germany? I genuinely don't know, I'm not taking the pee.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Which is the most expensive city for property/accommodation in Germany? I genuinely don't know, I'm not taking the pee.
          Munich by a long shot, it's the city most germans would choose to live in if they could.

http://www.thelocal.de/property/20110127-32709.html
          Last edited by scooterscot; 14 May 2011, 23:01.

Comment

More nights out in Germany!

Comment

Going Out in Germany: May 6 - 8 - The Local

meanwhile night outs in newcastle

ooh, I quite like the look of a night in Newcastle
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You been to kunst park ost yet?

Meanwhile, check out some real nightlife...

Most likely NSFW.

THE EXILE - Face Control
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  You been to kunst park ost yet?
                  Not yet!

Comment

Even Switzerland can offer more bang for the buck than London (though less so at the present exchange rate).

I asked about Lodon prices here on CUK circa 2003 and for what I was paying here I was perhaps looking at a cramped 2 bed flat overlooking a railway junction. I think my main bathroom was larger than many double bedrooms in the UK. 103 square meters, with almost as much again on 3 balconies, lift straight into the apartment, and underground garage. Property taxes, heating and leccy were in that price too (obviously the heating and leccy were subject to a year end adjustment, and some years I got a refund). No contest!

A stunning view as well. Rates in London may have been better, but I simply couldn't have found anywhere as nice to live for the same price.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X