• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training for 5k - update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training for 5k - update

I know everyone is dying to know what's been going on with my training.

After someone suggested couch to 5k I found the NHS version which has podcasts. A bird tells you when to walk and when to run. I'm on week 6 and can run for 20 mins now non stop. It's a great plan. 9 weeks to get running for 30 mins.

link

Well, you've got 365 posts so far and I doubt very much you'll escape ban before you reach 1000.

HTH

Comment

Training to run for 5K????

I think channel 5 are calling, they want to do another documentary about you
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Training to run for 5K????

I think channel 5 are calling, they want to do another documentary about you

Comment

russel is by far the dullest sockie of the year.

I blame mods - approval of new posts takes ages and they are allegedly very selective when it comes to nicknames and IPs

Comment

Bleedin eck. Even I can run 5k and i'm 96. No actually I'm 32, I forgot.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Hi Russell,

9 weeks training to run a 5K! You must be quite unfit. How many times per week are you running?

But well done anyway for giving it a go.

Here's a few links to some podcasts and some other stuff.

Runners Roundtable (podcasts)
              TalkShoe - Call - The Runners Roundtable

In this link, the bloke with the long hair is Anton. Bloke in green jacket is Scott Jurek. These are two of the worlds top ultra runners.
              . <- that thing is the link.

If you are feeling a bit more adventurous after the mighty 5K, try fell running, it's loads of fun.
              The FRA Forums

Comment

Originally posted by EngDesigner View Post
                If you are feeling a bit more adventurous after the mighty 5K, try fell running, it's loads of fun.
                The FRA Forums
                Fell running is pretty hazardous, he might get seriously hurt or even kille... never mind.

Fell running is a great idea, he'll love it and should try it immediately ideal way to train for the 5k!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Fell running is pretty hazardous, he might get seriously hurt or even kille... never mind.

Fell running is a great idea, he'll love it and should try it immediately ideal way to train for the 5k!
                  Tyke given how miserable you are I think you should just call it day. Here is one way...

Then you can die doing what you love and the only thing you are good at.

Comment

Originally posted by EngDesigner View Post
                    Hi Russell,

9 weeks training to run a 5K! You must be quite unfit. How many times per week are you running?
                    9 weeks is the plan, I hadn't run before so had to start somewhere. Here is the plan I am on week 6.

Thanks for the links, look interesting.
                    Last edited by russell; 15 May 2011, 21:25.

Comment

Working...
                    X