• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm blooming annoyed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm blooming annoyed

Sold a phone on ebay, received the payment of £257.75 into my Paypal account yesterday. When I looked today my Paypal account was at £248.79.

Seems my account is in US dollars, and the exchange rate has changed since the money went in, to my detriment. Anyone else had this problem?

I think Iceland did a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Sold a phone on ebay, received the payment of £257.75 into my Paypal account yesterday. When I looked today my Paypal account was at £248.79.

Seems my account is in US dollars, and the exchange rate has changed since the money went in, to my detriment. Anyone else had this problem?
      I think both ebay and paypal deduct their fees at some point. Are you sure it was the exchange rate change?

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
        I think both ebay and paypal deduct their fees at some point. Are you sure it was the exchange rate change?
        Do Paypal charge? I know ebay do, but I didn't know Paypal did.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          Do Paypal charge? I know ebay do, but I didn't know Paypal did.
          Do you work for free? Of course they charge, check your account for that transaction and you'll see how much - usually it's 20pence + ~3% (unless you are merchant that turns enough to get lower rate).

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...y-fees-outside

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Do you work for free? Of course they charge, check your account for that transaction and you'll see how much - usually it's 20pence + ~3% (unless you are merchant that turns enough to get lower rate).

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...y-fees-outside
            Duh! Oh yeah.

Fee amount: -£8.96 GBP

Comment

Working...
            X