• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sad News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad News

Some sad news.

This morning, I learned that an old friend of mine, Martin Sidebottom (pronounced Siddy-Bottahm)
    has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act and is now a resident of Rampton Hospital.

I have to confess, however, that this comes as no huge surprise since Martin always was a bit of an oddball. I remember one year he eschewed the opportunity of a new bicycle for Christmas preferring instead a wheelbarrow which would accompany him wherever he went. He seemingly got endless pleasure from it but he always missed out when the rest of us were out playing with our choppers.

Further clues to his fragile mental state were evident when he started hanging around drafty bus stations jotting down the numbers of the buses.

Anyway, his most recent infraction appears to have been as a result of his having taken a fancy to a young lady living in a neighbouring street and his efforts to impress her.
    These culminated in him stealing double decker buses from the London Road depot in Bath and parking them outside her house. Unfortunately, he made the mistake of stealing a bus that still had a couple of elderly ladies on board. Passers by were alerted by their screams and the police were called.

Shame Martin couldn't have done what the rest of us do when we're trying to impress somebody and just ride up and down the street doing "no hands".

I'm sure you'll all join me in extending our best wishes to Martin and God speed a quick recovery
    Last edited by gricerboy; 16 May 2011, 10:54.

You do realise that your life is short and in the time it took you to write that crap you could have done something useful with your life?

Comment

I'd say whoever made up that tulip should be sectioned as well because it's clearly shows a totally ****** up state of mind.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Some sad news.

This morning, I learned that an old friend of mine, Martin Sidebottom (pronounced Siddy-Bottahm)
        has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act and is now a resident of Rampton Hospital.

I have to confess, however, that this comes as no huge surprise since Martin always was a bit of an oddball. I remember one year he eschewed the opportunity of a new bicycle for Christmas preferring instead a wheelbarrow which would accompany him wherever he went. He seemingly got endless pleasure from it but he always missed out when the rest of us were out playing with our choppers.

Further clues to his fragile mental state were evident when he started hanging around drafty bus stations jotting down the numbers of the buses.

Anyway, his most recent infraction appears to have been as a result of his having taken a fancy to a young lady living in a neighbouring street and his efforts to impress her.
        These culminated in him stealing double decker buses from the London Road depot in Bath and parking them outside her house. Unfortunately, he made the mistake of stealing a bus that still had a couple of elderly ladies on board. Passers by were alerted by their screams and the police were called.

Shame Martin couldn't have done what the rest of us do when we're trying to impress somebody and just ride up and down the street doing "no hands".
        Waste of a good sock.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I'd say whoever made up that tulip should be sectioned as well because it's clearly shows a totally ****** up state of mind.

HTH
          Excellent response!!

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Waste of a good sock.
          Hello Kandr :wave

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            You do realise that your life is short and in the time it took you to write that crap you could have done something useful with your life?
            Unless of course he is practising for writing a novel.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              Some sad news.

Rampton is a high/medium security unit for those with severe mental illnes, impairment or pyscopathy. Unless your 'friend' represented a serious and immediate threat to his own or others safety, and we are talking seriously violent or disturbed behaviour, he wont have ended up in Rampton.

The London Road depot in bath was demolished in 1992.

4/10. Must try harder.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Rampton is a high/medium security unit for those with severe mental illnes, impairment or pyscopathy. Unless your 'friend' represented a serious and immediate threat to his own or others safety, and we are talking seriously violent or disturbed behaviour, he wont have ended up in Rampton.

The London Road depot in bath was demolished in 1992.

4/10. Must try harder.
                Does driving a double decker bus 'no hands' not pose a serious threat to anyone ???

Why am I defending him ? He's not even real
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Only 700,000 hours.

Comment

Don't visit him - they may keep you in as well.

On second thoughts

Comment

Working...
                    X