• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reclassify past Director's Loan as Dividends?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reclassify past Director's Loan as Dividends?

Hi,

Can I reclassify the amount withdrawn in March 2011 as Dividends instead of Directors Loan?

I use HSBC Business Banking and while withdrawing the amount, I've used 'Directors Loan' as the purpose of withdrawal and hence it reflects as such on the Company Bank A/C Statements.

Cheers

I don't put a purpose in my withdraws on my bank statements, I just put it in the account records. You do have account records as well don't you?

And Directors Loans can be converted into dividends no problem.

However remember Directors Loans are suppose to be you lending the company money.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Assuming you haven't done your accounts for last tax year I don't see why you dont just reclassify it. I wait until after the year has finished to decide what I should have taken.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Assuming you haven't done your accounts for last tax year I don't see why you dont just reclassify it. I wait until after the year has finished to decide what I should have taken.
        What if you've taken too much (putting you into the higher rate tax bracket). Can you just classify some of it as a loan and the rest as a dividend?
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
        X