• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interview fixed but no client name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interview fixed but no client name

agency sends vague job spec, calls up references given by me, tries to get hiring manager names from them and fixes up face 2 face interview- but won't give the name of the client who will interview me even on my insisting. What could be the catch?

Originally posted by Sid View Post
    agency sends vague job spec, calls up references given by me, tries to get hiring manager names from them and fixes up face 2 face interview- but won't give the name of the client who will interview me even on my insisting. What could be the catch?
    The catch is 'poor agent'

Really ticks me off this kind of attitude. I once had a situation where the agent didn't want me to know the name of the client until Friday evening, before a Monday interview. I had the 'town' but that was it. Come Monday 8am he phoned me and gave me the name of the company and it was a mad rush to get there. When I arrived the role was different.

I only made the mistake once. I suggest you insist or say forget it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The first question that came to mind was, why did you give the agent references without knowing who the client was?

I would tell the agent that you won't bother attending the interviews unless you get the client details no less than x working days before the interview so that you can prepare.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Possibly, there is no interview.

Just a new version of the 'I need two references' scam.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

shady agent creates job spec from my CV

Newbies pls beware....I realised I fell for this as well:-
          To look as if my profile has a very good match, the agent creates a job spec by extracting skillsets from my own CV and sends it to me! :-(.... then he pestered me for references....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

He was willing to send the address of the location for a face2 face interview but without the client name....Does it look like a potentially bigger scam?

Comment

He was willing to send the address of the location for a face2 face interview but without the client name....Does it look like a potentially bigger scam?
              It's possible. If he does then name and shame on here.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If you've got the address it should be a matter of a few minutes Googling to get the client name.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Yip, I had this one last year...

Comment

As TykeMerc says, get the address and Google it. I don't see why the agency should be all cloak and dagger about this. It makes one suspicious that they are inviting you for a bogus interview with an agency rather than a real job and then someone else just happens to drop in and try to sell you a timeshare or some other tulip.

That said, there could also be a genuine reason for it. You have to go on the gut feeling and perhaps also consider that before you find the handsome prince, you're going to have to kiss a few frogs.
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X