• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most over the top interview process ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most over the top interview process ?

I've recently been through the following for a BA role with a government agency:

Phone interview
    Written Test
    First face to face interview - 2 interviewers and five other candidates
    Second interview - Five interviewers and at least two other candidates

I've never even had this kind of hoo haa for a perm job. A phone or second interview in my experience is very rare. But this is just beyond the pale. Maybe this kind of thing happens more for big boy jobs / high paying banking gigs, but a lowly BA role in the public sector..? Is this a sign of the times ?? Is this a big warning sign ??... In better times I'd politely decline to come back for a second face to face, but for us public sector BAs its a barren wasteland out there

Did you get it?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not a lot of good roles for BA's these days, The A team one has been filled already...
      #

Comment

There's plenty of competition from BAs here if you count the sockpuppets
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Is a BA a real job anyhoe?

Sounds like service servicing services -
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Did you get it?
            'Recently' - today. I've not heard back, I've not written it off just yet, but I would be surprised...Benched since Xmas now..never had anything like this kind of downtime yet

Comment

For my latest gig it was an informal meeting, then an aptitude test, flowed by 2 interviews oh & 5yrs at Uni
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

I've got a phone interview next week for a permie (just keeping my hand in) job with a major search engine company but first I have to do a 'self evaluation' which is interesting. They first contacted me about working for them and I did reply that my skill set was not really what they used and after looking a the 'self evaluation' I am now 100% certain of that. Still going to go through with it (BTW, for the phone interview they ask you to not have a computer on in front of you which is going to really not help me in answering those techie questions about subjects I have no clue about
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Is a BA a real job anyhoe?

Sounds like service servicing services -
                  Problem with being a BA is it has a low barrier to entry. If you've been around the block for a while and worked on different parts of the lifecycle (ie. developing, project managing, testing etc) then you will have experienced outputs from many a BA. That can lead others to then apply for the role of BA and bring with them 'additional skills'.

In my 'career', I've bounced up and down the lifecycle food chain, from grunt developer to PM to global manager and on this latest incarnation a lowly BA. But contracting is contracting. You take what you can get.

I have a background in BI / Reporting and so that's my key. If all you have is 'Business Analysis' with no particular industry/niche then I would imagine it's quite difficult.

On the original question. 6 interviews in one day with an Indian company. Each an hour, with the last interviewer staying in the next interview and going up the management chain one at a time. Very o
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                  X