• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permies

I sit amongst permies and they keep harping on about buying things like an new Ipad or some geek object. The other permies then go on as if they have bought a Porsche, "My wife would kill me if I did that..." etc. I mean being a contractor an Ipad is a days pay and I wouldn't even think about it.

Originally posted by russell View Post
    I sit amongst permies and they keep harping on about buying things like an new Ipad or some geek object. The other permies then go on as if they have bought a Porsche, "My wife would kill me if I did that..." etc. I mean being a contractor an Ipad is a days pay and I wouldn't even think about it.
    Well, it's not a days pay to a permie is it?

Good for you if you don't need to think about it. But you are coming across as a right arrogant knob.

Yesterday I was kinda feeling sorry for you, with everyone giving you grief and then you go and post tulip like this.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Good for you if you don't need to think about it. But you are coming across as a right arrogant knob.

Yesterday I was kinda feeling sorry for you, with everyone giving you grief and then you go and post tulip like this.
      Spot on.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I mean being a contractor an Ipad is a days pay and I wouldn't even think about it.
        A days pay ? did you take the afternoon off or something

SasGuru
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What we not allowed to gloat over permies anymore not even in a contractor forum, what is the world coming to?

Comment

Working on the "it's 'only' a day's pay" principle can easily lead to spending all your money. After all my rent might only be 2 day's pay but that doesn't mean it's not a substantial chunk of money.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Theres one disabled chap at current gig who really gets a lot of benefits from his iPad

For most though, they're overpriced toys and rather difficult to justify their your wife/gf on a permie wage
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                A days pay ? did you take the afternoon off or something

SasGuru
                Ok so that made me laugh.

russell, that wasn't gloating it was sneering.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

A day! Bah!

I bought my Ipad after shifting 50 sledges one cold afternoon in December. Bloody contractors haven;t got a clue.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ok so that made me laugh.

russell, that wasn't gloating it was sneering.
                    Ok I see how it may have came across that way. It was done before my morning coffee if that offers any kind of an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X