• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delivery Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery Companies

Why the hell don't they deliver in the evening when 99% of people are in. I come back and there is a stupid card saying I can pick it up at their depot 20 miles away only up until 6 or rearrange another time when I will be at work. Must be a gap in the market for a company that does evening deliveries?

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Why the hell don't they deliver in the evening when 99% of people are in. I come back and there is a stupid card saying I can pick it up at their depot 20 miles away only up until 6 or rearrange another time when I will be at work. Must be a gap in the market for a company that does evening deliveries?

There are, just people are to cheap to pay for the extra costs associated with an evening delivery
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      There are, just people are to cheap to pay for the extra costs associated with an evening delivery
      This is with Amazon Prime, not very Prime is it.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        This is with Amazon Prime, not very Prime is it.
        You mean you can't have items delivered to the office. I've never had a problem doing that but then again my first rule in life is ensure the perms and security staff like me rather than hate me.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have it delivered to client site, and then it will be delivered when you're at work
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I suppose the problem with setting up evening deliveries, is that a lot of folk still aren't home! Maybe they're working late, or commuting a long way. Or perhaps they're down the pub, or eating at the local Indian/Chinese restaurant. Or doing an evening class at the local college.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              I suppose the problem with setting up evening deliveries, is that a lot of folk still aren't home! Maybe they're working late, or commuting a long way. Or perhaps they're down the pub, or eating at the local Indian/Chinese restaurant. Or doing an evening class at the local college.
              I am usually either sh@gging or making pea and ham soup

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You mean you can't have items delivered to the office. I've never had a problem doing that but then again my first rule in life is ensure the perms and security staff like me rather than hate me.
                I work in a bank, the security is tight and they don't allow you to receive deliveries. I guess one of the perks for you at McDonalds is you can get parcels and of course as many burgers as you want.

So your first rule in life is to make permies like you. Wow you must be one hell of a brown noser.
                Last edited by russell; 17 May 2011, 20:50.

Comment

They deliver here on Saturdays if you ask or you can get it delivered to a packstation and pick it up anytime. Comes of living in a civilized country I suppose
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X