• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Anaesthetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Anaesthetic

I've got to have one of these for some dental work.

I'm somewhat apprehensive as I hear that you feel really ill when you come round.

Anyone here ever had one?

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    I've got to have one of these for some dental work.

I'm somewhat apprehensive as I hear that you feel really ill when you come round.

Anyone here ever had one?
    Had several. Coming round just felt like being drunk for a few minutes and back to normal very quickly, didn't feel ill at all.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

WCS - had many a general anaesthetic and just felt woozy for a while afterwards. Pre-meds FTW.

Comment

Had a few myself. Not an issue coming round, just a dry mouth. And personal attention from a nurse in the recovery room to boot!

Actually, I like having a general. When they pump the stuff in that knocks you out there's a split second of having a feeling of total and utter peace, just before you go under. Worth it just for that split second feeling.

Comment

I've had it twice - both for surgery - and felt nauseous for a few hours after. Last time, I was fine when I woke up - and hungry - but then they gave me a dose of morphine, so I reckon it's that that makes me feel so ill, rather than the GA. ( I went under with a painful cricked neck, and came out without it, which was a nice bonus ).

Drink plenty of water afterwards to flush it out of your system.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Try reading one of Dim Prawn's posts for a taster.

Comment

I didn't know they still did a general for dentistry. What are you having done?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I had one when I had my tonsils out a few years ago and when I came round, I was strapped into the bed, apparantly I'd been trashing about so they'd had to restrain me

I don't remember feeling ill from it, just cold.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  I had one when I had my tonsils out a few years ago and when I came round, I was strapped into the bed, apparantly I'd been trashing about so they'd had to restrain me

I don't remember feeling ill from it, just cold.
                  Don't get them started.

Comment

Coming round from a GA doesn't feel so bad when one considers the alternative

Comment

Working...
                    X