• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If a recruitment agent calling from India phones up....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a recruitment agent calling from India phones up....

.... telling you about an amazing opportunity to work for an outsourcing company for a big client. Would you consider it as long as the rate was right? Just a hypothetical question. Entertaining and sensible answers are welcomed.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

What is the cost of living in Bangalore?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Once interviewed with Tata for the National Programme. I'd managed the development of GP2GP data migration tools and they needed that logic.

Offered me a one year fixed contract. £80k for the year to include all expenses, plus paid six weeks vacation excluding bank holidays, plus travelling to India.

They wanted me to go out and put together a fast track course on GP messaging and to document everything I knew about the different GP systems / databases etc

I told them to take a running jump.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I told them to take a running jump.
        Should have done it for £250k then told them a load of bollocks.

They would have told you they understand, regardless of what you told them.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          What is the cost of living in Bangalore?
          It depends on whether I am sharing a room with 20 other people or not. Why do you ask? Plus the role will be in Northampton.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            .... telling you about an amazing opportunity to work for an outsourcing company for a big client. Would you consider it as long as the rate was right? Just a hypothetical question. Entertaining and sensible answers are welcomed.
            Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            It depends on whether I am sharing a room with 20 other people or not. Why do you ask? Plus the role will be in Northampton.
            Frankly, if the rate is right, I'll do it. (within reason, no smutty comments!)
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Frankly, if the rate is right, I'll do it. (within reason, no smutty comments!)
              Cool. I just wanted to make sure that my morale compass is good enough. I tend not to like overseas outsourcing companies for the main reason that they take employment out of the country and offshore it to India and other countries.

Comment

Just been in Bangalore for a month. What an eye opener! Back now for another period on the bench!

Comment

Sounds like a role for Bob Shawadiwadi
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                    Just been in Bangalore for a month. What an eye opener! ...
                    In what way?

Bobs clutching FTVs massing at airports like those aliens parading on the mother ship in Independence Day?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X