• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget Day - No Need to Worry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget Day - No Need to Worry

It's okay, the BBC says, "making the UK more competitive and tax breaks for small firms are expected to be the themes of the Budget."

Seems a strange change of tack from his previous nine budgets which have by and large taken the opposite approach but, hey, I'm sure Gordon knows best what with his vast experience of running competitive businesses.

Morning LB!

Yes, there'll be no change there then. I'll be interested to see if there's any mention of the £26bn expansion of the private finance initiative across 200 public sector projects and whether ONS are going to demand that this should go under "debts" rather than "investment".

Potential scallops poisoning fortunately was a false alarm. It was the ten pints of local ale that caused the cramps instead.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

It will get to a point that when Gorden raises taxes then they Revenue will see no extra income being returned , at that point the UK will have to cut spending which means more unemployment and strikes.

Trying to get cash out of tax evaders like you lot hasnt worked so it looks like hes getting into a tight corner.

If they have a Bankruptcy sale there then let me know , Im thinking of offering 1000 quid for that wobbly London Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        Morning LB!

Yes, there'll be no change there then. I'll be interested to see if there's any mention of the £26bn expansion of the private finance initiative across 200 public sector projects and whether ONS are going to demand that this should go under "debts" rather than "investment".

Potential scallops poisoning fortunately was a false alarm. It was the ten pints of local ale that caused the cramps instead.
        Hello hyperD. It must have been that the last pint was off. You know the score, it has nothing to do with the previous nine whatsoever. Still, glad to hear you are okay now.

Agreed, the categorisation of PFI expenditure as investment is nothing short of an accounting scam. If a private company did that it would almost certainly be facing charges.

Comment

Putting my road tax up to £200 won't stop me from driving the RR.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            Putting my road tax up to £200 won't stop me from driving the RR.
            It's not supposed to. Putting up VED to such an extent that people stopped driving Chelsea tractors would damage GB's tax take. He wants to raise more dough, not less and some mealy mouthed nonsense about doing it for the good of the environment is just a cover story for the hard of thinking who will see it as striking a blow against the disgusting rich.
            I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              It's okay, the BBC says, "making the UK more competitive and tax breaks for small firms are expected to be the themes of the Budget."

Seems a strange change of tack from his previous nine budgets which have by and large taken the opposite approach but, hey, I'm sure Gordon knows best what with his vast experience of running competitive businesses.
              Say that after today. I've heard a nasty rumour that he is going to put NI on divvis family owned/closed company firms. see below (Under 'corporation tax and business')

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
                Say that after today. I've heard a nasty rumour that he is going to put NI on divvis family owned/closed company firms.
                Ahhh, so that's what the BBC means by "tax breaks for small businesses are on the cards"... we'll break you with extra tax.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

hehe, thats actually quite funny Spartacus

Mailman

Comment

So basically all incentives for generating money for the country are being withdrawn and all the scrounging spongers and looters are being encouraged. Nothing new there then

Comment

Working...
                    X