• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costs of SEO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costs of SEO

Anyone got any experiences in paying SEO companies to promote a website, get links from other sites etc? Costs vs effectiveness.

Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Anyone got any experiences in paying SEO companies to promote a website, get links from other sites etc? Costs vs effectiveness.

Cheers.
    Yea I know quite a bit about it. The whole area can be a black hole for cash. ROI is very hard to quanitfy in hard numbers if you're looking to produce a business case for example. Heavily depends on your traffic strategy... you can get to position 1 quite easily for some terms, others will cost a fortune. And keeping your position is another storey.

I've a few contacts of good SEO consultants (there are plenty of sharks out there) or I might be able to dig you out a few decent articles and reading lists if you fancy reading up on the subject yourself.

Feel free to DM me for details.

Comment

Cheers mailric, may do. More looking for ammo against other director who seems to think we can spend a couple of hundred and vastly improve sales. That would only buy a morning's work even from a trainee. I've done all the easy stuff like keywords.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The right question is how do you want to translate appearing high in google into real money?
        In my case my little website is about to get a portfolio, but having clients randomly stumble upon my website (googling for midget fun perhaps?), is probably not the best way to get new business...

Comment

Get Market Samurai, learn about SEO yourself and cut out the middle man
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            Get Market Samurai, learn about SEO yourself and cut out the middle man
            Can't disagree with that... Market Samurai is a good product.

Comment

Working...
            X