PDA

View Full Version : Taking your pony on the train.

zeitghost
18th May 2011, 12:38
BBC News - Man tries to board train with pony in Wrexham (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13437279)

:freaky:

It transpires that this chap is a member of the Irish "Travelling" community.

Hence the desire to get to Hollyhead & the ferry to Ireland I suspect.

alreadypacked
18th May 2011, 12:44
BBC News - Man tries to board train with pony in Wrexham (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13437279)

It's Wales, so say no more :tongue

EternalOptimist
18th May 2011, 12:45
If he had claimed it was a guide-pony, he might have got away with it

:rolleyes:

landl
18th May 2011, 13:48

The station clerk was later quoted as saying to the dissappointed aspiring passenger, "***** you and the horse you rode in on".

DimPrawn
18th May 2011, 13:51
He saw an offer.

Cardiff to London return for a Pony.

landl
18th May 2011, 13:54
I suppose it's better than taking your pony from behind...

TimberWolf
18th May 2011, 14:49
It might have been a well trained horse.

Pondlife
18th May 2011, 14:52
Nice horse that pony.

Where to by are you taking him.

Spacecadet
18th May 2011, 15:13
His cockney mate had visited by train recently, apparently the journey cost a pony
:igmc:

Wodewick
18th May 2011, 16:45
His cockney mate had visited by train recently, apparently the journey cost a pony

My mate is also a cockerney and he thinks your joke was pony!

KentPhilip
18th May 2011, 21:18
The ludicrous thing about it was he turned up with a valid railcard for the horse; it must have been murder trying to get it into a photo booth at WHSmiths

Can you imagine getting to the line of automatic barriers at Birmingham New St. It would probably think it was one of the hedges in a steeplechase and try and jump it.

And they'd need a big toilet on the train. Just in case it gets the "trots"..

Halo Jones
19th May 2011, 06:24
But I thought trains had horse power?

d000hg
19th May 2011, 14:00
The plot thickens (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13451965)

More images have emerged of places visited by a mystery man and his pony, including a hospital A&E department and a pub.

doodab
19th May 2011, 14:04
Meanwhile, the RSPCA said of the station incident it was "not a safe nor acceptable manner in which to transport an equine."

And yet it's completely acceptable to pack 20+ people into the area by the doors on a commuter train. Where is the RSPCM when you need them.

d000hg
19th May 2011, 15:08
And yet it's completely acceptable to pack 20+ people into the area by the doors on a commuter train. Where is the RSPCM when you need them.And it's OK to sit on them and force them to run in circles to the point of exhaustion. Well, maybe not ponies, but horses anyway.

DaveB
19th May 2011, 15:12
And it's OK to sit on them and force them to run in circles to the point of exhaustion. Well, maybe not ponies, but horses anyway.

The more I see of this the more I'm amazed at how calm the pony is. Your average Shetland is bolshie when it's in a good mood and a liability when it's pissed off. The fatc that this one is wandering about apparently taking all this in it's stride is mindboggling.

EternalOptimist
19th May 2011, 15:19
And then he said, 'I dont care WHO is coming to meet you boyo, you are not getting on the train'

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTChoj2zJ23pblY65IIumsG_nnCU3YVe SXlskj_WejEJJVZUS_u

TimberWolf
19th May 2011, 15:20
The more I see of this the more I'm amazed at how calm the pony is. Your average Shetland is bolshie when it's in a good mood and a liability when it's pissed off. The fatc that this one is wandering about apparently taking all this in it's stride is mindboggling.

It's a train trained horse trained in a train training ground.

d000hg
19th May 2011, 15:44
The more I see of this the more I'm amazed at how calm the pony is. Your average Shetland is bolshie when it's in a good mood and a liability when it's pissed off. The fatc that this one is wandering about apparently taking all this in it's stride is mindboggling.Waiting to get served by people working in the public sector helps one develop patience.

cailin maith
19th May 2011, 15:51
I wonder what that man was thinking... did he really think it was going to be ok to put the horse on the train?

Totally bonkers :freaky:

Sysman
19th May 2011, 15:53
But I thought trains had horse power?

That's why they don't need any extra.

You probably know that horses still have the right of way on a public highway, but did you know that if you hit one, even if it's out of control, you are liable for damages to it if you hit the thing?

Sysman
19th May 2011, 15:57

They are indeed vicious buggers, and will kick you just for the hell of it.

EternalOptimist
19th May 2011, 15:57
That's why they don't need any extra.

You probably know that horses still have the right of way on a public highway, but did you know that if you hit one, even if it's out of control, you are liable for damages to it if you hit the thing?

I am a saggitarius me. Half horse
Thats why , when I pooed in the street the other week, they couldnt arrest me

RichardCranium
19th May 2011, 16:34
I am a saggitarius me. Half horseHence the long face.

What lucky fellah got the other half?

Sysman
19th May 2011, 17:43
I am a saggitarius me. Half horse
Thats why , when I pooed in the street the other week, they couldnt arrest me

Could they arrest half of you?

cailin maith
20th May 2011, 09:41
It transpires that this chap is a member of the Irish "Travelling" community.

Hence the desire to get to Hollyhead & the ferry to Ireland I suspect.

:laugh A pikey.... we should have guessed.

Not sure Stena or Irish Ferries would have been keen to let him on either.