• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

thetrainline.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thetrainline.com

Site Maitenance ffs - if you can't maintain 24/7 web operations at least try doing this "maintenance" in early hours on Sunday or something like this

That's nothing client sites public facing websites were down for nearly two weeks when they a network failure, now that's incompetence
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Site Maitenance ffs - if you can't maintain 24/7 web operations at least try doing this "maintenance" in early hours on Sunday or something like this
      Most normal people are in bed at 01:03.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

What you using them for anyway? They offer the same tickets at National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables for the same price, but don't charge you to send them out!
        And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
          What you using them for anyway? They offer the same tickets at National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables for the same price, but don't charge you to send them out!
          Indeed, I had to buy some tickets recently. I checked thetrainline.com then decided to check the price on the east coast line website. Got the same tickets for £15 less and free postage
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

They charge a booking fee on top of what the suppliers charge. I get my tickets directly from TPExpress.co.uk if i can be bothered to buy them online.

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
              Aha! The old postage and packaging ploy!
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I typically use thetrainline to pick tickets at the station (posting is so last year), they charge £1 booking fee with debit card, price of tickets bought directly on train I use seem the same.

Comment

Working...
                X