PDA

View Full Version : Good morning. My name's Kevin...

Kevin
19th May 2011, 08:34
Hi all,

I've been lurking on these forums for a little while now because I'm wishing to move away from the permie world into contracting. It's something I looked at a few years ago but because I'm based in a rural area of the UK the long commute times wasn't something that was acceptable to my wife. I no longer have that restraint.

I must say that the advice on these forums has been an excellent resource to me and I like all general sense of humour displayed. I think I'm pretty much set now; just awaiting my first break.

Anyway, just thought I'd say 'Hi' and I'm looking forward to being part of the community. :wave:

-Kevin

cojak
19th May 2011, 08:43
Welcome to CUK Kevin! :wave:

DaveB
19th May 2011, 09:52
Hi all,

I've been lurking on these forums for a little while now because I'm wishing to move away from the permie world into contracting. It's something I looked at a few years ago but because I'm based in a rural area of the UK the long commute times wasn't something that was acceptable to my wife. I no longer have that restraint.

I must say that the advice on these forums has been an excellent resource to me and I like all general sense of humour displayed. I think I'm pretty much set now; just awaiting my first break.

Anyway, just thought I'd say 'Hi' and I'm looking forward to being part of the community. :wave:

-Kevin

Well if you've been lurking for a while you should be able to answer these.

Gladiators?
Curtains, Rug, Carpet?
Booze?
Food?

Kevin
19th May 2011, 18:49
Hi Dave,

When I say 'a while' I guess that's a relative term. I've been looking at the forums since last Sunday.

I did do a search for 'gladiators' here, and that yielded an incredible amount of results given the nature of these forums lol. Alas, I gave up at page 2 of the search results so I'm afraid I'll have to fail the initiation :)

-Kevin

norrahe
20th May 2011, 10:40
Hi Dave,

When I say 'a while' I guess that's a relative term. I've been looking at the forums since last Sunday.

I did do a search for 'gladiators' here, and that yielded an incredible amount of results given the nature of these forums lol. Alas, I gave up at page 2 of the search results so I'm afraid I'll have to fail the initiation :)

-Kevin

Have you bled your radiators?

DaveB
20th May 2011, 10:46
Well if you've been lurking for a while you should be able to answer these.

Gladiators?
Curtains, Rug, Carpet?
Booze?
Food?

Hi Dave,

-Kevin

The correct answers are:

Yes.
No.
In the sideboard, help yourself.
In the kitchen. but I wouldnt trust the houmus, it's a bit out of date.

norrahe
20th May 2011, 14:07
The correct answers are:

Yes.
No.
In the sideboard, help yourself.
In the kitchen. but I wouldnt trust the houmus, it's a bit out of date.

The houmous was fine

Wanderer
21st May 2011, 11:08
I'm based in a rural area of the UK the long commute times wasn't something that was acceptable to my wife. I no longer have that restraint.

OK, I'm intrigued. Which one had to go, the wife or the house in the country? :eek

Oh and welcome to the forum too. :wave:

RichardCranium
21st May 2011, 11:39
Good morning. My name's Kevin...And what is your name in the afternoons? Helen?

Kevin
27th July 2012, 13:35
Hi again,

Still lurking, but as I requested my username and password to be reset, on filling out my profile I did smile inside at one of the profile options (bottom option):

Edit Profile (http://forums.contractoruk.com/profile.php?do=editprofile)

On the contracting side, I did get my first break - 13 months ago now. I'm still delivering in the same non-financial institution that was initially for a three-month period, and I can safely say that embarking on this journey was well worthwhile for me. I do, however, loathe the M25.

-Kevin