• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ADT - wilmslow style!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADT - wilmslow style!!

Jesus what a bunch of

Don't ever get an ADT alarm!!

After loads of issues with our alarm (installed in the wrong place, it calling back to base running up astronomical bills etc) we now have a new issue.

When originally they put it in they asked if we had a phone socket upstairs. I showed them where it was but told them that it was installed before we bought the house and looked pretty ropey. But they decided to still use it! The cable evebtually failed - because our decorator stood on it and they came out to fix it. The engineer looking at it agreed that they should never have used it in the first place and he would run a new cable from the alarm down to the phone socket. I returned home and tried to use the net. Things were not good! I checked the box and they had wired the alarm through the back of the box bypassing the filters. I removed the front plate and plugged the filter into the master socket and everything worked fine. I got ADT out again and told the to crimp an end onto the cable and plug it in. His idea was to use a filter at the alarm end....which I figured might work. Well it didn't. The net is still running super slowly and the phones are crackling. Surely these loons have installed an alarm in a house that has adsl. It's not like it's anything new.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Jesus what a bunch of

Don't ever get an ADT alarm!!

After loads of issues with our alarm (installed in the wrong place, it calling back to base running up astronomical bills etc) we now have a new issue.

When originally they put it in they asked if we had a phone socket upstairs. I showed them where it was but told them that it was installed before we bought the house and looked pretty ropey. But they decided to still use it! The cable evebtually failed - because our decorator stood on it and they came out to fix it. The engineer looking at it agreed that they should never have used it in the first place and he would run a new cable from the alarm down to the phone socket. I returned home and tried to use the net. Things were not good! I checked the box and they had wired the alarm through the back of the box bypassing the filters. I removed the front plate and plugged the filter into the master socket and everything worked fine. I got ADT out again and told the to crimp an end onto the cable and plug it in. His idea was to use a filter at the alarm end....which I figured might work. Well it didn't. The net is still running super slowly and the phones are crackling. Surely these loons have installed an alarm in a house that has adsl. It's not like it's anything new.
    How much did it cost if that's not a vulgar question?

Comment

I had awful trouble with these ****ers !! They installed an alarm at my business premises, ****ed it all up, it kept going off all the time and my going to the premises at 4am in the morning. It ended up in them taking me to court for not paying them and was a big hassle from start to finish. They were only bothered about getting the job done quickly and (trying) to get the money off you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        How much did it cost if that's not a vulgar question?
        A tulip load! I think it was 700 just to have the bloody thing put in. I paid up because I was heading to Geneva and wanted to make sure that the house had something to ward off any scrotes on the basis that my wife and kids would be there. I thought that paying a lot might get a good job done. Seems that is not the case with Anything Done Tulip!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

A quick google of ADT alarms complaints and reviews shows they are to be avoided.

Always google a company for complaints and reviews before placing an order.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            A tulip load! I think it was 700 just to have the bloody thing put in. I paid up because I was heading to Geneva and wanted to make sure that the house had something to ward off any scrotes on the basis that my wife and kids would be there. I thought that paying a lot might get a good job done. Seems that is not the case with Anything Done Tulip!
            A very clever friend of mine is about to launch his Plan B. It has a camerra system that detects movement in your house and streams live to your mobile. It's passed some important Home Office thingy so it can distinguish people forward rolling in white jump suits from big white dogs or something like that. He's a big lad and it was fun watching him learn to forward roll.

Comment

It can distinguish people forward rolling in white jump suits from big white dogs or something like that

I'm not sure why you would want a system to prevent her breaking in and forcing you to accept oral pleasure at gunpoint. Each to their own.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

I'm not sure why you would want a system to prevent her breaking in and forcing you to accept oral pleasure at gunpoint. Each to their own.
                It wouldn't prevent her. It would alert you.

Comment

It wouldn't prevent her. It would alert you.
                  I think I would be quite "alert" enough.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I think I would be quite "alert" enough.
                    Not if you weren't at home. Which is the point.

Comment

Working...
                    X