• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two common sense rulings in one week, go figure?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two common sense rulings in one week, go figure?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4832282.stm

Judge Advocate Jack Bayliss, delivering his ruling, said UK troops had full justification under United Nations resolutions to be deployed in Iraq at the time of the charges against the defendant - June to July 2005.

He added that the question of the legality of the 2003 invasion was not relevant to the court martial because it predated those charges.
    Well thats gone a f*cked the f*ckwits defence!

Hope he is given a nice little pat on the back of the hand and sent back to where ever the fecker originally comes from!

Mailman

Matter of opinion. Like to see the Iraq war ruled illegal, Blair impeached and locked up in jail with lots of Al Quiada types. After falling down the stairs and unfortunately striking his head 3000 times on the cell door, that is.

Bit dubious about an armed force that is too picky though, it may not be one we can rely on when a conflict, unlike any of the several Blair has embroiled us in, that is genuinely in UK interests.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Matter of opinion. Like to see the Iraq war ruled illegal, Blair impeached and locked up in jail
      Aint ever gonna happen my friend!

As old Charlie Kennedy used to say "I am not going to that anti-war protest because its not an anti-war protest but an anti-America protest and I dont want to be associated with that"

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

As old Charlie Kennedy used to say "I am not going to that anti-war protest because its not an anti-war protest but an anti-America protest and I dont want to be associated with that"

Mailman
        Shame he was such a pisshead really.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

Mailman
          Given that Kennedy was anti-war, he was presumably talking about some of the nutty left wing loonies that congregate around any such protest.

The sooner the cretins who took us to war on fraudulent grounds are locked up the better.

But then again, if you vote for a President who sounds like he is retarded, don't be surprised when he acts like he is retarded. Stoopid is as stoopid does.

Comment

Things always get hijacked. Used to go to CND things in my yoof and it always seemed to be assumed that I was a total pacifist and anti-Vietnam. Actually, I an now anti-Vietnam and extremely pro nuking everyone.

Nuclear weapons are KOOOL as long as the other bastards haven't got them.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X