• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bletchley Park commemorates those brave chaps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bletchley Park commemorates those brave chaps

Who got the Enigma stuff out of U110.

And not a Septic in sight.

Bletchley Park opens U-110 Enigma exhibit ? The Register

Did Turing commit suicide or was he suicided for his efforts?

Comment

They shortened the war in a big way, they deserve the recognition
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Who got the Enigma stuff out of U110.

And not a Septic in sight.
        Bletchley Park opens U-110 Enigma exhibit ? The Register

Oi!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Were any Brits involved in the Hollywood version?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Were any Brits involved in the Hollywood version?
            What do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-571_(film)

starring Matthew McConaughey, Bill Paxton, Harvey Keitel, Thomas Kretschmann, Jon Bon Jovi, Jack Noseworthy, Will Estes, and Tom Guiry.

In the film, a World War II German submarine is boarded in 1942 by disguised United States Navy submariners, seeking to capture her Enigma cipher machine.

So, to summarise, they're all Septics, apart from the German gentleman.

But it's ok, since the Septics did all the work in Burma too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective_Burma

And they didn't do much great escaping either.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5970627.ece
            Last edited by zeitghost; 20 May 2011, 09:22.

Comment

Whilst we are on the topic, Bletchley Park is a fantastically interesting place to spend a day. Twas recommended to me by one of the bints on here last year (Sue Ellen?) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Whilst we are on the topic, Bletchley Park is a fantastically interesting place to spend a day. Twas recommended to me by one of the bints on here last year (Sue Ellen?) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

HTH
                It's 20 minutes away from where I live and I've never been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  You should, you really should. Get there early too, there is lots to take in.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    I used to go there all the time when I was a kid but that was before they had the museum and stuff.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X