PDA

View Full Version : Elterngeld und kindergeld

scooterscot
20th May 2011, 08:00
Just learned the German people want to give us €300 a month for free. We shall receive two sums of money, one because Mrs scooer don't work, the people of Germany believe a mother should be supported financially somehow. Then we shall also receive money for the child up until they are 18 years old.

That's a lot of spaghetti.

sasguru
20th May 2011, 08:51
As someone who has been to Germany almost every year since 1991, your posts amuse me.
You're like a typical Brit who has been brainwashed that Britain is the best country in the world suddenly finding out the truth: that nowadays we're pretty mediocre compared to some of our neighbours.
In fact we have more in common with the PIIGs than the European leader.

milanbenes
20th May 2011, 09:46
what make I larf is i've been singing the praises of life on the mainland, be it, Belgium, Germany, Central Europe etc,

and this lot always larfed

and now....

they're saying that they agreed all along

funny old world, and good for you Scooter

if I get a contract down that way one day I'll join you for a Spaten.

Milan.

scooterscot
20th May 2011, 10:11
As someone who has been to Germany almost every year since 1991, your posts amuse me.
You're like a typical Brit who has been brainwashed that Britain is the best country in the world suddenly finding out the truth: that nowadays we're pretty mediocre compared to some of our neighbours.
In fact we have more in common with the PIIGs than the European leader.

Oh hud yer whisst man or woman. Brain washed by London parliament yes - not anymore. :tongue

So why are the telegraph types aye blowing their trumpet about euro disney if it's not like they say?

sasguru
20th May 2011, 11:39
what make I larf is i've been singing the praises of life on the mainland, be it, Belgium, Germany, Central Europe etc,

and now....

Milan.

:laugh:laugh I like the way you include Central Europe in with Germany and Belgium.

Milan, the tuliphole you live and work in doesn't count. It's miles crappier than even the UK.

And of course, if you have the money to live well, London is still miles more interesting than Germany.

shaunbhoy
20th May 2011, 11:42
As someone who has been to Germany almost every year since 1991

Stag weekends in Hamburg hardly qualify you to talk sg. Especially as you spend most of the time being ridiculed in your gimp outfit!!

:rollin:

ThomasSoerensen
20th May 2011, 11:45
Stag weekends in Hamburg hardly qualify you to talk sg. Especially as you spend most of the time being ridiculed in your gimp outfit!!

:rollin:

Don't mock being dressed up as a gimp by the Hamburg train station, a plan B is a plan B.

doodab
20th May 2011, 11:47
Don't mock being dressed up as a gimp by the Reeperbahn, a plan B is a plan B.

FTFY

Pondlife
20th May 2011, 12:06
Don't mock being dressed up as a gimp by the Hamburg train station, a plan B is a plan B.

FTFY

As long as you're wearing a St Pauli T-shirt over the top you'll be fine.

Ignis Fatuus
20th May 2011, 12:48

and now....

Milan.Nice trick you have there, you've been spouting sense for years but nobody listens because of the twaddle you used to come out with.

Anyway, I figured out a long time ago that the most profitable IT skill on my CV is speaking German.

scooterscot
20th May 2011, 13:25
Anyway, I figured out a long time ago that the most profitable IT skill on my CV is speaking German.

True.

Now if that were an engineering degree you'd be snapped up, even if Welsh was your only language.

Love being an engineer me, red carpet is rolled out for this Dilbert every meeting he attends, ears tune in for a bit of my banter, sometimes the dialect throws them off tho. 'See you Florian, you're really getting on ma tits'

TimberWolf
20th May 2011, 13:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH6nQhss4Yc

stek
20th May 2011, 13:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH6nQhss4Yc

I am a type of doughnut sold in Berlin?

I was told he should have said 'Ich bin Berliner' but my German is crap...

With the missus being a terp I get this all the time, apparent Khryushchov never said 'We will bury you' and caused all that fuss with his shoe - it was the terps fault, he really said 'We (ie us Sovs) will kind of leave you (ie you imperialist pigdogs) in the dust in our wake cos we're better at space and stuff than you'. It's a Russianism...

Terp = interpreter by the way...