• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just Been overpaid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Been overpaid

to the tune of £14k.

The agency are now asking for it back.

Any ideas how I can get them to let me keep some of it
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Give it them back, less a £13,500 admin fee. That's what they'd do.

Comment

Its not my current agency and paying them back will send my company overdrawn slightly.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Send them a cheque 2nd class for £1400, it''l be a week or two before you have to own up to the oversite
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          to the tune of £14k.

The agency are now asking for it back.

Any ideas how I can get them to let me keep some of it
          Leave it in your account and write back to them first telling them you will have to check all accounts to prove the overpayment then tell them your next accounting run is not for 3 months, that should earn some interest. Then add an admin fee (look see what they had in their original contract for reasonable terms).
          Ask them for signed copies of time sheets they are covering.
          You could also try telling them the accounting period has expired and that you can not pay.

All things I have seen tried in the other direction.

It wont work though. You might get away with a small admin fee.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            Its not my current agency and paying them back will send my company overdrawn slightly.
            So you're saying you've seen it, had it, spent it, and didn't think that
            a) it was an overpayment
            b) you were not entitled to the money
            c) you would have to give it back

Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
              it''l be a week or two before you have to own up to the oversite
              oversight
              We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                oversight
                gggrrrrrrr
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Send them a standard format email that says

--------
                  Thank you for your application for a refund of overpayment, of which we confirm receipt. Your details will be reviewed shortly by a Consultant and should we be able to assist you, we will be in contact to discuss the opportunity in more detail.

Unfortunately we cannot always respond to every application personally; therefore if you do not hear from us in the next few days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Should this be the case, we thank you for your interest and invite you to apply for future refunds which you may feel your skills are relevant to.
                  ----------

That's what they'd do.

Comment

No I'm saying I have just had a phone call saying that they have overpaid me and can they have it back. I have checked with the bank and the cash did go in when they said. I'm not using the ltd company at the moment but it is still active. Paying back in full will send my compnay a little overdrawn due to the standing orders which have gone through on it.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X