• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance PLEASE HELP???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance PLEASE HELP???

Hi

I have been constructively dismissed by my employer & my employer holds my SC Clearance?

Now the question is:
    Will this affect in away my SC Clearance?

Regards
    Singhie

Originally posted by singhie View Post
    Hi

I have been constructively dismissed by my employer & my employer holds my SC Clearance?

Now the question is:

Regards
    Singhie
    Depends what they are claiming they fired you for, but I would say your ****ed

(Paging NLUK)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hi

Now the question is:

Regards
      Singhie
      Do you have an employment tribunal ruling that upholds your claim to have been constructively dismissed (am assuming you're permie using 'constructive dismissal')?

If not, then its only 'your' opinion you have been so dismissed in which case, I also think you may find it difficult to continue claiming you have SC.

Nothing to stop you applying for SC jobs in the next 12 months but you'll only know if they havent terminated it if you get and keep another SC role.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        (Paging NLUK)

Why have you paged me just when I am feeling jovial and happy. I can't rant about people that put please help in capitals in forum titles or new posters giving half baked situations and asking us to comment...

but as I am feeling happy...

You don't say why you were dismissed. If you were dismissed for being late every day it is a different ball park to being dimissed for copying secret data on a memory stick and losing it. I am sure one would affect SC and the other maybe not.

Bolshie raises an interesting point. I would hazard a guess eitherway that unless you have made yourself untrustable from a security perspective your employment and your clearance are separate.

The only answer is to ring your (ex)HR department or security peope and ask them. They will tell you exactly what your situation is. It is them that would have to deal with the transfer to another company. Just don't yell 'PLEASE HELP' down the phone to them though.

Post the results to us. It would be interesting to see what the outcome is.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry guys for shouting

Sacked for claiming overtime apparently not worked - they sussed this through fitting a tracker to the car without my knowledge.

So goes down as gross misconduct.

So what do you think - will this affect my sc clearance?
          or do you think I should ring HR , reminding them I have SC clearance in order that they can cancel it?

regards

Singhie

Comment

Sorry guys for shouting

Sacked for claiming overtime apparently not worked - they sussed this through fitting a tracker to the car without my knowledge.

So goes down as gross misconduct.

So what do you think - will this affect my sc clearance?
            or do you think I should ring HR , reminding them I have SC clearance in order that they can cancel it?

regards

Singhie
            Technically I think the only people who can revoke the clearance is the body that issued it rather than your ex-employer, unfortunately I don't think its a scenario that we have seen on here so we can't advise you, but we would implore you to let us know what happens for future reference.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thank you

I will let you know what happens with any future employment?

Who is tyhe govenering body fof SC Clearance & could I continue the SC Clearance my self?

regards
              Singhie

Comment

I don't think I want you handling secret stuff if you are a fraudster.

Comment

Sorry guys for shouting

How can they do that? You might have got the bus or train or biked it? Or did you falsely claim? You used the term 'apparently not worked' - what's 'apparently' about it?

Comment

The DVA issue defence related SC's, however I don't know the process for getting one revoked. Since you were dismissed for what could be termed fraud, I'd imagine that could be grounds for your employer to start that process.

You can't hold your own SC, it has to be held by a government department or ListX company, under normal circumstances it lapses automatically if unused for 12 months.

Edit: Typo on DVA
                    Last edited by TykeMerc; 20 May 2011, 18:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X