PDA

View Full Version : What time of day do you get your post?

DonkeyRhubarb
20th May 2011, 13:39
Is it just us that gets it late afternoon.

SimonMac
20th May 2011, 13:47
Where's the "ATW is my postman and I try to avoid him slipping anything into my box" option?

#PollFail

Pondlife
20th May 2011, 13:50
Where's the "ATW is my postman and I try to avoid him slipping anything into my box" option?

#PollFail

:spel

AndyW

Shakesheadatthelackofrespectfortheultimatecuktroll smilie

SimonMac
20th May 2011, 13:57
:spel

AndyW

Shakesheadatthelackofrespectfortheultimatecuktroll smilie

mea culpa

norrahe
20th May 2011, 14:05
varies between mid and late afternoon depending on which temp postie they've given us

that also decides on what condition your post comes through the letter box

Clippy
20th May 2011, 14:28
varies between mid and late afternoon depending on which temp postie they've given us

that also decides on what condition your post comes through the letter box

WNS

A few years ago, we started to get the post early in the morning probably due to a new postie being given the round.

It didn't take Royal Mail long to realise their mistake and revert to delivering the mail in the afternoon by changing the postie back to Postman Plod (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman_Plod). :eyes

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3404/3279983676_67bee770ec.jpg

RichardCranium
20th May 2011, 14:36
Invalid poll. These options are missing:

No post is delivered on days when it is raining.
It doesn't come at all on Saturdays any more.
AndyW delivers my post during his afternoon paper-round.

RichardCranium
20th May 2011, 14:44
Also,

When I was in South Wales, subscription magazines rarely arrived. The publishers would confirm they were despatched, but they wouldn't turn up.

When I was living in Leeds, no post ever arrived if it contained a card (birthday, Xmas, etc.) or a cheque.

The Camping and Caravan Club membership pack had been opened, the vouchers removed, then kicked around the sorting office floor, then wrapped in brown tape before being delivered. I don't know why they didn't just shit through my letterbox too. Thieving bastards.

I really, really, really, do NOT want the postal service privatised. It will get far worse (like we'll have to collect our post from somewhere instead of it being delivered).

But at least the thieving might go down a bit.

TykeMerc
20th May 2011, 16:01
Until recently it tended to show up at 10-11am ish, however 12-1pm is more common now.

Zippy
20th May 2011, 16:04
Mid-afternoon on a Tuesday, without fail.

MarillionFan
20th May 2011, 16:10
No idea. I'm never at home and if I do WFH I don't leave my office. It's there by 6pm though.