PDA

View Full Version : Hello From a Newbie...

istvan
20th May 2011, 15:03
Hi, I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and finally I decided to join. I am a permie at the moment, but I hope it is not for too long. I took it after he 2008 market collapse, but I liked contracting much better. I was an independent contractor in the US for many years, then in Central Europe recently, working for various companies, one of them a company in Reading/UK. Now I am planning to contract in the UK. This is a new market for me, so I have a lot to learn. I am going to London to get my PRINCE2 certificate and then I start the search.

Do you have any advise on how to search from outside the UK? Just sign on to a few agencies to start with? Anyway, I will look in the rest of the forum, perhaps that info is already there.

:D

istvan
22nd May 2011, 11:00
Hi,
I spent some time browsing through various threads and found all sorts of good information here. This place is great. :happy
Thank you all.
Istvan

RichardCranium
22nd May 2011, 12:14
Istvan,

Did you learn your English by reading the comments in the guestbooks of blogging sites? Your writing style is enigmatic and eclectic.

istvan
22nd May 2011, 18:24
Richard, I guess, I spent too much time in the US, about 22 years, and despite the direct communication style of most americans, I am being told, I tend to be indirect in my style. Or simply just never learned English any better. Eclectic? Hmmm, I do not know where that comes from. I do not remember reading Shakespeare too much lately. I will hopefully pick up the lingo "spoken" here soon. :alien

cojak
23rd May 2011, 06:42
Welcome to CUK istvan. :wave: