• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordo's insidius reach (oh, did I spell that right?:)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordo's insidius reach (oh, did I spell that right?:)

The chancellor also made it clear that IHT would be levied on pension fund cash held by people over the age of 75 when they die.
    Anyone else find this bloody offensive?

How dare he touch someones pension fund after they die!

Mailman

Absolutely, the bloke is a
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

cu

Comment

rd
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

led

Comment

,scots
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Personally I think we should do away with inheritance. Give the whole lot to the government: if it reduces the tax burden that we all share than that's a plus, and if it puts an end to spoilt rich kids getting all of Daddy's money despite them never doing a day's work in their life, then that's a double plus.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Funy I was thinking cu too. It just fits somehow.
                bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

We get taxed on our earnings, taxed on what we manage to save from what we are allowed to keep, then taxed on that when we snuff it. How many times are we supposed to be taxed on the same money??

I am not exactly rich but at current levels will get hit for a lot of IT. I want it to go to my sons, not parasitic pointless civil servants, daft wars, useless immigrants and assorted layabouts, ta very much.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Take it easy xoggoth - you have equally as good if not better chance to snuff it before you turn 75.

[quute]Give the whole lot to the government:[/quote]

Vectra, what do you think will happen when such stupid law is put into practice? At best people simply wont save money so they will be burden on the state to support them when they retire, at worse people will put money abroad and their kids will just leave this country for 6 months to get all the money tax free.

It is very easy to suggest very simple and very wrong policy decision - like in one country they decided to use capital punishment for rapes, and guess what - since you can only be killed once the rapers started killing their victims to minimise chance of being caught!
                    Last edited by AtW; 22 March 2006, 21:20.

Comment

Working...
                    X