• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unhappy Brits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhappy Brits

Unhappy families: UK is third worst in Europe for home life - Health News, Health & Families - The Independent

Britain is one of the worst countries in Europe for families, according to a study released today by the Relationships Foundation. High levels of debt and poverty, coupled with long and unsocial working hours, are major contributing factors, the report, Family Pressure Gauge, reveals.

Its research paints a picture of a country where, in stark contrast to David Cameron's pledge to make Britain the "most family-friendly" nation in the world, British families are among the most pressured in Europe, only ahead of Bulgaria and Romania.

Stress from money and work worries, along with a lack of support for parents and poor living conditions, are all factors, the report finds. It recommends urgent reform to the way families are helped, with one in five families struggling to make ends meet.

The report also reveals that 14 per cent of families are suffering "critical" levels of debt, compared to 1 per cent of Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian households.

This is what happens after 13 years of Labour rule. Enjoy.

Thanks! You just made me feel better about my move.

Spent yesterday walking in the park and the day before that relaxing by lake starnberg drinking a nice cool beer in the hot sun.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It takes something to be more miserable than the countries that are permanently dark for half the year. We should be proud!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Thanks! You just made me feel better about my move.

Spent yesterday walking in the park and the day before that relaxing by lake starnberg drinking a nice cool beer in the hot sun.
        Really? You're not in Germany by any chance?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
        X