• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agent contact database

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agent contact database

What do you use to keep track of agents contact details combined with what the latest info is re: jobs applied?

The obvoius is outlook for the contacts and an excel spreadsheet for keeping track of applications but Im wondering if there is a better all in one solution out there and also if anyone else uses another method/other programs.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    What do you use to keep track of agents contact details combined with what the latest info is re: jobs applied?

The obvoius is outlook for the contacts and an excel spreadsheet for keeping track of applications but Im wondering if there is a better all in one solution out there and also if anyone else uses another method/other programs.
    Shh this is SASGuru's niche. He is currently learning java in his eco shed and hopes to have an alpha build out in early 2014.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

All applications are done with email so I just folder them, the ones that come to nothing I delete, the ones which turn out to be genuine I keep
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I use springpad, google docs and office live for everything now. And a pad and pen, you never know when that will come in handy.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Im thinking more of between contracts is usually a while and i have a lot of contacts in outlook i.e colleagues, family, friends and agents and i was wondering if there is a way to categorise the agents to be seperate so after a contract has ended I have an easy list of agents to contact along with knowing what our last contact was i.e a job app i applied for or simply someone who has contacted me but it led to nothing.

In short, the same as (i would expect) agents have about contractors, inc. Other details than just contact, but from the opposite side of the fence so to say. Is there such a program?

Comment

Im thinking more of between contracts is usually a while and i have a lot of contacts in outlook i.e colleagues, family, friends and agents and i was wondering if there is a way to categorise the agents to be seperate so after a contract has ended I have an easy list of agents to contact along with knowing what our last contact was i.e a job app i applied for or simply someone who has contacted me but it led to nothing.

In short, the same as (i would expect) agents have about contractors, inc. Other details than just contact, but from the opposite side of the fence so to say. Is there such a program?
            I use SugarCRM. A bit full on to use a web app, but I host it in house and can access it while on the road. You can customise the fields and categorise your leads/contacts/accounts. Even run sales campaigns.

As I say, probably a bit full on for your needs, but it's what I use anyway.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You can add categories and notes to the contacts in outlook. You can also find all the emails to/from a particular contact from within the contact details.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I use Bento
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I use Bento
                  I use Wagamama's but what has Asian fast food got to do with agent databases..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I use Bento
                    Ahh i see, Bento 4, a contact manager for the mac. Great suggestion but then I'd have to buy a mac..

Comment

Working...
                    X