• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it just me or what ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or what ??

Is it just me who hates the way some sentances are ended with

go figure

enjoy

etc......... ffs
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Almost, but not quite, as annoying as people who end their sentences with the illiterate "my bad". That really gets on my cosmic goatee I can tell you.

Comment

People end sentences with "my bad" ????? Eh???? what language is that? It must be a yoof thing. I prefer "ooooh, fancy that" myself
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I hate bloody americans and the way they emphasise everything as if its a question.

Also when talking about cooking they use 'make' far too much, like 'make chicken' or 'make dinner'

Comment

I hate everything, everyone and everywhere.

HTH

Comment

Whatever

Comment

Its another Americanism (for that read ignorance).

My pet hate is ending with "... also."

Aaaaaahhhhhh ITS A CONJUNCTION!!!!!

Comment

"Would of" rather than "would have" seems to be becoming universal and is my personal bugbear. I predict the sad day when it becomes accepted as correct grammar.

Comment

My bad, I like to think of myself as young and cutting edge and like to think I can use the vanaculer as part of that. Go figure!
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Yes, I for one am completely f**ked off with it.

It sounds so much worse when British people say these americanisms as well. It's like we're trying to lose our own identity to that of some generic US sitcom.

Comment

Working...
                    X