• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Build your own particle accelerator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build your own particle accelerator

Or something.

I have an urge to do some tinkering / engineering / physics experiments.

How hard is it to play with sonoluminescence?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Or something.

ok, you finally got me to crack, and spill the beans on my plan B - Holograms.

get yourself a little laser and start making holograms of everydays objects then sell as works of art

dont forget - i get 50%

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Or something.

Make a death-ray from a microwave oven
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

An experiment to deduce the number of days before it is socially acceptable to wear the same pair of underwear in an office before the perms are inconvenienced due to the emissions of rancid odours?
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          An experiment to deduce the number of days before it is socially acceptable to wear the same pair of underwear in an office before the perms are inconvenienced due to the emissions of rancid odours?
          Not necessary. It is never socially acceptable to do this. If you should find yourself waking up in a strange place with no access to clean smalls you should go commando and visit M&S at the earliest opportunity, ideally on the way into the office rather than at lunchtime.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Not necessary. It is never socially acceptable to do this. If you should find yourself waking up in a strange place with no access to clean smalls you should go commando and visit M&S at the earliest opportunity, ideally on the way into the office rather than at lunchtime.
            Wise words indeed Mr doodab, and I for one concur, but there are times, fortuitously rare, praise be to Gates and his Windows Foundations .NET 4 paradigm, when one shats themselves, for instance in situ, and M&S, albeit a beacon of hope, are a far cry from convenience, and one must persevere with ones indiscretions in the face of the permie enemy.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

We built a rail gun in A level Physics. That was easy and mildly amusing.

You can never have too large a Tesla coil.

If in doubt, wiring up transformers back to back while the first one is plugged in will eventually result in entertainment. (Do not do this commando; wear extra pants. The sparks are VERY impressive.) Check your life insurance first. Have a first aider on hand.

A small trebuchet (say 5 or 6 foot high) should be good for lobbing stuff from the back garden over the house and into the street.

419 baiting has been providing some mild amusement for me lately. (Zeity: that fellah I mentioned to whom I gave Swansea nick's phone number is now refusing to answer my emails. Hee hee hee.)

Photography by the light of Cherenkov radiation may be an amusing passtime.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Gauss Rifle

Lots of fun things to build here.

Comment

How about a free energy generator .....

BEDINI'S FREE ENERGY GENERATOR

A veritable plan B for the esteemed contractor if ever I saw one.

Kerching!

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
                    How about a free energy generator .....

BEDINI'S FREE ENERGY GENERATOR

A veritable plan B for the esteemed contractor if ever I saw one.

Kerching!
                    Why build when you can buy!

Free Energy Generator Engine No Gas Diesel Oil Fuel | eBay

Comment

Working...
                    X