• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good customer service shock!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good customer service shock!!

On Sunday I called Orange to get my daughters iphone fixed under their OrangeCare thing. I was told that my contract didn't have this, even though I requested it when I signed the contract, and after a long call I was told to take it up with the store. Not expecting them to do anything I went to the shop. The girl who dealt with me was briliant and dug out the original paperwork from a year ago to prove that the insurance should have been applied to the contract and that somebody at Orange had cocked up. So a replacement is being sent tonight. I was that impressed I left the shop and returned with a box of chocolates for her - she could very easily have just said that she couldn't help and that would have been that!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

That's good news Tony!

Er, did the chocolates work?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      On Sunday I called Orange to get my daughters iphone fixed under their OrangeCare thing. I was told that my contract didn't have this, even though I requested it when I signed the contract, and after a long call I was told to take it up with the store. Not expecting them to do anything I went to the shop. The girl who dealt with me was briliant and dug out the original paperwork from a year ago to prove that the insurance should have been applied to the contract and that somebody at Orange had cocked up. So a replacement is being sent tonight. I was that impressed I left the shop and returned with a box of chocolates for her - she could very easily have just said that she couldn't help and that would have been that!
      I have always found Orange shop staff incredibly helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Are you suggesting that solariums cure ADHD? Must be the vitamin D.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Good for you.

Customer Service is so bad in the UK that events like this, which used to be a matter of course, really stand out.

Were the choccies Terrys Chocolate Oranges?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            WHS

I had an issue with my BB about 18mths ago or so and they delivered a new one next day, I just had to hand the other one over to the courier and that was that.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              That's good news Tony!

Er, did the chocolates work?
              I figured a couple of quid to buy her something which ultimately meant I saved a few hundred was a fair trade. The way I look at it, she got a small gift of thanks for helping out a customer - perhaps it may encourage her to continue in this way - as I said, she could easily have just said that there was nothing they could do.

I must admit I had another good encounter with Orange when I moved my phone to them - so quite impressed so far. Compare that to the guy at 3 who lied at least twice to me in the run up to getting an upgrade and who ultimately made me decide to stop using them
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X