• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sticky about Restraint of Trade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky about Restraint of Trade

There seems to be many threads recently broadly concerning contracts with agents restraining the contractor from going direct to the client or through another agent. The contract specifics hence the advice will differ but some issues and background seem to reappear, including -

Reading the contract and understanding what the contractor has signed up to;
    The effect of opting in or out;
    Enforceability - scope, duration;
    Using a different company to 'hide'/lifting the veil;
    The commercial realities over and above the legals; and
    If the agency hasn't done what the contract says, does this Clause still have effect?

There's probably a range of other common issues I've missed.

Apologies if this has been covered in another sticky or guide. It might spread too far into general contract law but is there a consensus that a sticky around this might be helpful?

I think it might. But it should go in Business/Contracts not here in Accounting/Legal.

Comment

Hi Guys,

We'll move it to FAQs, the list of stickies is beginning to get too long.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

We dont need stickes for every question that gets asked more than once. We have a wealth of information available under the search function but unfortunately the numpties that ask the same question over and over are incapable of using it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          We dont need stickes for every question that gets asked more than once. We have a wealth of information available under the search function but unfortunately the numpties that ask the same question over and over are incapable of using it.
          Yeah, the answers are there but lost in noise a bit. Come on Northernlad, you are the master at digging up good posts using the search. How about we find some of the best bits, write up a summary and stick them all in one post and make the forum a better place.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I have read many of the threads on restrictive covenats. It would be great for people to share some of their real life experiences.

Comment

Working...
            X