• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3D Movies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Movies

After 4 attempts, I don't think I have yet seen a film which has been improved by being in 3D

Has anyone on here had a different experience?
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    After 4 attempts, I don't think I have yet seen a film which has been improved by being in 3D

Same here, I have only seen a few films in 3D and neither have been improved by the addition of an extra dimension, once you get past the "wow" factor (which is usually taken up by the trailers) you are just left with a slightly darkened showing due to the glasses.

My local Cineworld had 15 showings of POTC on a single day, all but three where in 3D, so that shows to me its just a money making exercise to make you pay more
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've noticed over use of the 3d effect as well.
      Large scale objects which are far away actually appear smaller when turned into 3D as the brain expects large objects which are far away to appear 2D as the 3D effect in the natural world has a limited distance

The paramount mountain is a good example of this
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Avatar was definitely enhanced... it was only worth watching because of 3D. Otherwise I've not seen many 3D films and none were really improved although IIRC Toy Story 3 was nice.

I'd be interested to watch live sport in 3D, see what it's like.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not been impressed by 3D either, but my opinion might be coloured somewhat by me feeling quite motion sick with 3D display.

Comment

U2 3D. I'm not sure if many people went to see this but I came out of the cinema daydreaming about all the bands I wished had been filmed like that in their prime, seeing as it made even U2 seem exciting. It was that good. I haven't seen any other 3D concert films as they are usually done by people like Justin Beiber, but I'd go and see pretty much any grown-up band filmed like that.

There are a couple of recent 3D films which I'm hoping will stick around in IMAX cinemas for a while because I really want to see them. They are TT3D and Cave Of Forgotten Dreams. I think stuff like that really works in 3D. I enjoyed Avatar a lot only because it was 3D, as noted previously. I'm looking forward to a real killer 3D movie with great plot and acting as well. It will come.

Comment

Something like The Matrix in 3D could have rocked. 3D bullet-time bullet-trails...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X