• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face recognition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face recognition

Looked at a compact camera. In the Face Recognition menu, it had these options, which seem close to witchcraft to an old-timer like me:

Favourites: not only can it recognise a face as such, and focus and expose for it - you can store images of the faces of your friends and family, and when it spots them in the picture it will preferentially focus and expose on them rather than on anybody else.

Smile: you can set it so that when one of those faces smiles, it will take a photo automatically.

Blink: you can set it so that if someone blinks while the photo is being taken, it will immediately take another.

Blimey, if that's what a £200 camera can do, what might the government be up to?
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

:::

Blimey, if that's what a £200 camera can do, what might the government be up to?
    They're probably still using ICL 1900 punched card readers for most things, seeing as how even the simplest Government IT project seems to end up costing about £100 billion.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

They introduced a horrendously expensive CCTV system in Central London back in the early nineties that was set up with the express intention of capturing shots everytime Cherie Blair looked alluring.
      It was decommissioned in 2010 and the pristine film sold on to China.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Cheap cameras seem to do it. I point mine at herd of cows and they all get little rectangles round their chops.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X