• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost my phone a little while ago...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my phone a little while ago...

I didn't notice for a few days, and was panicking that I'd have a bill for a zillion pounds run up in a Mogadishu international phone café. Anyway, turns out that the person who swiped it lacked the imagination to run up more than £3 worth of 118118 calls. And I was due a new phone on my contract, so not so bad.

Amusingly, he has given my number to various people and then not changed it back.

To date I have:

- Ignored repeated texts about his methadone appointments and his prescription is now cancelled, as he keeps missing them.
    - Explained to his Housing Association and Probation Officer that I am not in fact xxxx xxxx, but the person whose phone he stole. No, please don't apologise, you didn't steal it, but it would be helpful if you removed my number from your systems.

What fun!

OG. Are you benched today?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Amusingly, he has given my number to various people and then not changed it back.

To date I have:

- Ignored repeated texts about his methadone appointments and his prescription is now cancelled, as he keeps missing them.
      - Explained to his Housing Association and Probation Officer that I am not in fact xxxx xxxx, but the person whose phone he stole. No, please don't apologise, you didn't steal it, but it would be helpful if you removed my number from your systems.

What fun!
      Classic, the probation officer may well be amused

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        OG. Are you benched today?
        Don't be ridiculous. I'm hardly going to waste my own time.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Classic, the probation officer may well be amused
          What worries me is how poor Ryan will cope without his methadone.

Comment

Slightly confused here. Did you get a new SIM card with the same number with your new phone?
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Slightly confused here. Did you get a new SIM card with the same number with your new phone?
              Yes. The other plus is that the cold calling agents got someone on their own level to speak to for once.

Comment

Don't be ridiculous. I'm hardly going to waste my own time.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Here's an SMS I've received:

R u cumin 2 the flat m8 cuz ill stay in if u r let me no plz

Comment

Here's an SMS I've received:

R u cumin 2 the flat m8 cuz ill stay in if u r let me no plz
                    will b there l8r m8. test results from doc today :-(

Comment

Working...
                    X